British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/how-long-after-rprf-paid-do-you-get-passport-request-801104/)

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 6:13 pm

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any timelines that could share? I am applying for permanent residency from within canada under the BC PNP. I paid my RPRF on 8th May 2013, and my status changed to in progress on the 22nd May. Just wondering roughly how long it takes to get to the passport request stage?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 6:50 pm

Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10771899)
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any timelines that could share? I am applying for permanent residency from within canada under the BC PNP. I paid my RPRF on 8th May 2013, and my status changed to in progress on the 22nd May. Just wondering roughly how long it takes to get to the passport request stage?

Some people pay their RPRF at the start of the process, others at the end, so really it depends. You've not said when you applied, so it's hard to say.

When you say your status on Ecas has changed to 'in process', does it say 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx' (which means they've actually looked at it and you are genuinely in process) or just 'in process' (which just means it's in a pile waiting to be looked at and you've got months before they even pick it up)?

When did you actually apply for PR and which is your visa office?

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10771941)
Some people pay their RPRF at the start of the process, others at the end, so really it depends. You've not said when you applied, so it's hard to say.

When you say your status on Ecas has changed to 'in process', does it say 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx' (which means they've actually looked at it and you are genuinely in process) or just 'in process' (which just means it's in a pile waiting to be looked at and you've got months before they even pick it up)?

When did you actually apply for PR and which is your visa office?

Hi christmasoompa,

Thank you for your reply! Here is my timeline status:

16th April 2012:application received.
May 22nd 2012: Medical exam request
June 13th 2012: Medical results recieved
May 6th 2013: Updated history and RPRF payment request.
May 23rd 2013: In progress. When i click on this is says -We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.

I am hoping that this means it is near the end? I guess its been 13 months since they first received it. Its been processed at Ottowa Pilot office. Thanks again for any insight :)

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 7:54 pm

Blimey, what an odd timeline! I wonder why they requested your meds so soon? You'll have to do it again as it will have expired by now, what a pain.

Anyway, yes, if your Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxx' then they've actually started processing it properly, hurrah!

Having to do your medical again will unfortunately add some time on, but it sounds like you're within a few months of PR.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772017)
Blimey, what an odd timeline! I wonder why they requested your meds so soon? You'll have to do it again as it will have expired by now, what a pain.

Anyway, yes, if your Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxx' then they've actually started processing it properly, hurrah!

Having to do your medical again will unfortunately add some time on, but it sounds like you're within a few months of PR.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

Ok great...thank you so much for your feedback. They did say in one of their emails that they are extending some medical exam results to avoid people having to redo them so fingers crossed I might sneak in!!! haha.. probably not though...

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10772031)
Ok great...thank you so much for your feedback. They did say in one of their emails that they are extending some medical exam results to avoid people having to redo them so fingers crossed I might sneak in!!! haha.. probably not though...

It doesn't happen that often, but I'd think you were a prime case for it given how early they requested them - doh! That would be good, then PPR would be imminent rather than having to wait to redo the medical.

marzmurphy Jul 11th 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772032)
It doesn't happen that often, but I'd think you were a prime case for it given how early they requested them - doh! That would be good, then PPR would be imminent rather than having to wait to redo the medical.

Hopefully so! was wondering also ,been trying to find out online, but cant seam to get any concrete information. Is the ottawa pilot office on strike too, do you know? Not sure if its just effecting foreign offices or applications from within Canada too...

MrWindUpBird Jul 11th 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772017)

They did the same thing for me. Also CPP-Ottawa.

FWIW, I paid my RPRF at the end of March and am still waiting. Medical will expire in August.

JAGUAR7 Jul 11th 2013 8:55 pm

paid my final fee on june 19th 2013.checked ecas website,and still no change.
We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.
:(:(:(

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird (Post 10795521)
They did the same thing for me. Also CPP-Ottawa.

FWIW, I paid my RPRF at the end of March and am still waiting. Medical will expire in August.

So annoying! why would they request it so soon if they know it wont be processed in time... Is it just to slow down applications, not to mention the cost of having to redo them :frown:

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 (Post 10795730)
paid my final fee on june 19th 2013.checked ecas website,and still no change.
We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.
:(:(:(

It took over 3 weeks for them to update my status too....also I'm trying to find out for sure, but I believe the visa office is on strike which means no visa are being processed now anyways , which is maybe why the status hasn't updated!

Dorftrottel Jul 17th 2013 9:38 pm

Just found out that the reason they ask for extra photos - is that they put them on a board and once a week they get the tea lady, blindfold her, and get her to throw a dart between her legs. If the dart is lucky enough to hit a photo - then that person gets processed that week!

Siouxie Jul 17th 2013 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10805438)
It took over 3 weeks for them to update my status too....also I'm trying to find out for sure, but I believe the visa office is on strike which means no visa are being processed now anyways , which is maybe why the status hasn't updated!

Not completely true. See this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=6317

ECAS is notorious for not updating - mine didn't update to "decision made" until after I landed!

:)

chiefmissile Jul 17th 2013 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10805438)

15 PAFSO officer work in London High Commission, they can't be all on strike since May, they would be sacked, they have to work. However they are working to rule. Locally engaged staff can make decisions on applications and process. I got all this info from a tweet from High Commission London @Canadianuk

I also had an email from my processing officer on Monday:)

Regards

Andrew

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10805476)
15 PAFSO officer work in London High Commission, they can't be all on strike since May, they would be sacked, they have to work. However they are working to rule. Locally engaged staff can make decisions on applications and process. I got all this info from a tweet from High Commission London @Canadianuk

I also had an email from my processing officer on Monday:)

Regards

Andrew

Hi andrew ,

Thanks for the info. My application is for PR within Canada at the ottawa pilot office. Cant seam to find it they are on strike or just foreign offices, but good to hear you got an email from them!

gmail Jul 18th 2013 11:16 am

so guys what do you think when would we get our passport request. everyone after july 2012 are done with their passport request already from nova scotia. when they ask us to pay rprf fee and personal history update they say that they will process the september 2011 files first what about us why did they process july 2012 files before even starting to process the files before july 2012 that is totally a biased way to work.

Faith2013 Jul 27th 2013 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10772005)
Hi christmasoompa,

Thank you for your reply! Here is my timeline status:

16th April 2012:application received.
May 22nd 2012: Medical exam request
June 13th 2012: Medical results recieved
May 6th 2013: Updated history and RPRF payment request.
May 23rd 2013: In progress. When i click on this is says -We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.

I am hoping that this means it is near the end? I guess its been 13 months since they first received it. Its been processed at Ottowa Pilot office. Thanks again for any insight :)

Hi Marzmuurphy,

I also apply under the Provincial Nominee Program

My Timeline status is very close to yours:
-26th April 2012: Application received.
-June 8th 2012: Medical exam request
-June 25th 2012: Medical results recieved
-May 9th 2013: RPRF payment request (I paid on the same day).
-May 9th 2013: "We started processing your application on May 9, 2013".

In my earlier contact with the Ottawa Office, I was told that the validity of the Medical result would be extended.

Have you been contacted for PPR yet? Thanks.

marzmurphy Jul 28th 2013 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Faith2013 (Post 10822371)
Hi Marzmuurphy,

I also apply under the Provincial Nominee Program

My Timeline status is very close to yours:
-26th April 2012: Application received.
-June 8th 2012: Medical exam request
-June 25th 2012: Medical results recieved
-May 9th 2013: RPRF payment request (I paid on the same day).
-May 9th 2013: "We started processing your application on May 9, 2013".

In my earlier contact with the Ottawa Office, I was told that the validity of the Medical result would be extended.

Have you been contacted for PPR yet? Thanks.

Hey Faith!

Good to hear from someone in similar situation!

I havnt yet received passport request. I actually emailed them on Friday asking if my medical results were extended, but no reply, but fingers crossed they are. I also rang the call center, who said the office is on strike, so thats why its all slowed down...which is unfortunate especially when looking at other peoples timelines that it should be near enough to the end...but who knows! il let you know how it goes with me!!

Faith2013 Jul 28th 2013 1:48 am

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10822411)
Hey Faith!

I havnt yet received passport request. I actually emailed them on Friday asking if my medical results were extended, but no reply, but fingers crossed they are. I also rang the call center, who said the office is on strike, so thats why its all slowed down...which is unfortunate especially when looking at other peoples timelines that it should be near enough to the end...but who knows! il let you know how it goes with me!!

Hi Marzmurphy,

I really understand how you feel because our cases are similar!
I think we are good as regards the medicals for now.
The last time i spoke with one of the Call Center's Rep, I was told they can't access any of the files being processed in Canada.
I will also update you as regards mine.

Lloydies Jul 29th 2013 7:03 pm

No passports were requested from us ... straight to Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Depends of where you're from. British passport holders are not required to submit copies any more as they are submitted with the initial application (I believe).

marzmurphy Jul 30th 2013 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Lloydies (Post 10825314)
No passports were requested from us ... straight to Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Depends of where you're from. British passport holders are not required to submit copies any more as they are submitted with the initial application (I believe).

Hi Lloydies,

Ok thats good news! do you know anything about being able to leave Canada while an application is in progress. My work has said they will give me unpaid vacation to return to Ireland for up to 2 months, and will provide a letter for me. Im just not sure of the whole process, if thats allowed or not, and if I got this conformation of PR while in Ireland, that I can just come back and activate it?

I guess its risky leaving during process, but hopefully will get it in the next while anyways, and am hoping there is a way this could work!

Thank you for any information you might have!

JAGUAR7 Jul 30th 2013 4:50 pm

this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:

Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file

the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
:confused::confused::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Dorftrottel Jul 30th 2013 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 (Post 10827044)

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:

Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)

the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.

:ohmy::ohmy: That's a body blow if ever. Don't give up - chase up the correspondence and go for it - it might be easier than you think and the last hurdle!

Jim Humphries Jul 30th 2013 6:58 pm

PMM has replied in detail on another thread.

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 (Post 10827044)

marzmurphy Aug 3rd 2013 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Faith2013 (Post 10822482)
Hi Marzmurphy,

I really understand how you feel because our cases are similar!
I think we are good as regards the medicals for now.
The last time i spoke with one of the Call Center's Rep, I was told they can't access any of the files being processed in Canada.
I will also update you as regards mine.

Hey Faith,

I went to see a lawyer yesterday in regards to leaving Canada during the PR process..he said that every year the applications slow down during the summer, and that it may be mid october before I get called as everyone takes holidays! just to let you know!!

Jim Humphries Aug 3rd 2013 7:24 pm

Beside summer holidays it is also the posting season when officers move to other assignments in other countries or return to HQ, plus the need to issue student and visitor visas in a timely way. All of that slows things down.

Faith2013 Aug 3rd 2013 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10833670)
Hey Faith,

I went to see a lawyer yesterday in regards to leaving Canada during the PR process..he said that every year the applications slow down during the summer, and that it may be mid october before I get called as everyone takes holidays! just to let you know!!

Hello marzmurphy,
Thanks for the feedback! I will keep you updated.
Have a nice trip!

Faith2013 Aug 3rd 2013 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries (Post 10833691)
Beside summer holidays it is also the posting season when officers move to other assignments in other countries or return to HQ, plus the need to issue student and visitor visas in a timely way. All of that slows things down.

Marzmurphy, a quick question for you: when you were asked for your RPRF, what was the deadline? Thanks!

Hi Jim,
Please do you know if the deadline has a bearing on when you would get the PPR request? Thanks!

__TJ__ Aug 3rd 2013 10:25 pm

For my timeline see my sig but we just found out they were waiting for hubby's fingerprints as he had been here more than 6 months. They asked in jan'13 but we didn't get request so only just did them, paid rprf when medicals submitted early this year.

Still hoping the fingerprints will be the driving force, coming up for our first canniversary and it'd be a great present! ;)

Jim Humphries Aug 4th 2013 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Faith2013 (Post 10833823)
Marzmurphy, a quick question for you: when you were asked for your RPRF, what was the deadline? Thanks!

Hi Jim,
Please do you know if the deadline has a bearing on when you would get the PPR request? Thanks!

Typically they give a deadline to ensure that people act on the request with some speed. If you have done the medical then it should be soon, say a couple of months, later but as noted earlier the summer time is slower. They normally do not ask for the fee until the case is well along and almost complete.

Faith2013 Aug 4th 2013 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries (Post 10834003)
Typically they give a deadline to ensure that people act on the request with some speed. If you have done the medical then it should be soon, say a couple of months, later but as noted earlier the summer time is slower. They normally do not ask for the fee until the case is well along and almost complete.

Thanks Jim for the insight!

__TJ__ Aug 4th 2013 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries (Post 10834003)

Except not always. They asked us for it at the same time as asking for medicals, 8 months ago... Still twiddling thumbs.

Tbh I think it's how long is a bit of string!

chiefmissile Aug 4th 2013 9:47 am

Originally Posted by __TJ__ (Post 10834093)
Except not always. They asked us for it at the same time as asking for medicals, 8 months ago... Still twiddling thumbs.

Tbh I think it's how long is a bit of string!

We are in a similar situation, our RPRF was en-cashed on 10 May! PNP (26 Months) is no longer a fast track program, FSW is now quicker (21 Months) and has a higher priority......go figure that one?

London VO are one of the slowest to process any application. It is also quicker to get PR if you come from a non visa exempt country, rather than a Visa exempt one?

Oh well back to twiddling thumbs!

Regards

Andrew

Jim Humphries Aug 4th 2013 2:11 pm

There are just two examples of situations not apparently proceeding as usual so do not count too heavily on normal practice.

Faith2013 Oct 30th 2013 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10822411)
Hey Faith!

Hello Marzmurphy,

This is to let you know that I got my Passport request! Any news from your end yet?

[email protected] Aug 8th 2014 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10771899)
Hi All,

Just curious what address you emailed your RPRF payment receipt to? The case processing center that you sent your package to in Sydney or the visa office in Ottawa? Thx!!

[email protected] Aug 8th 2014 6:35 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for PR under PNP from within Canda. I got nominated on July 2013 and submitted my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia. I received an email from them on February 09 saying that my application is considered complete and my application will be forwarded to a case processing office for further processing (It was not mentioned which office but I assume it should be Ottawa). on the same day I received an email from Nova Scotia requesting me to do the medical exam. My medical results have been received on February 21. I received another email form Nova Scotia on May 09, 2014 reminding me to pay right of permanent resident fee. However, in the email it was mentioned to email the receipt to “[email protected]”. CIO is Sydney. I paid the fee on May 10 and emailed the receipt to the above email address. However, it has been 3 month since I made a payment and my online application status only shows they have received my medical results in February. I sent an email to CIO but they did not reply back. I called CIC they told me to contact Nova Scotia Intake Office (as i received the email from NS office), but these guys do not reply back to emails…Did you mail your RPRF to Nova Scotia or Ottawa? Thanks