British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/how-long-after-rprf-paid-do-you-get-passport-request-801104/)

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 6:13 pm

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any timelines that could share? I am applying for permanent residency from within canada under the BC PNP. I paid my RPRF on 8th May 2013, and my status changed to in progress on the 22nd May. Just wondering roughly how long it takes to get to the passport request stage?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 6:50 pm

Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10771899)
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any timelines that could share? I am applying for permanent residency from within canada under the BC PNP. I paid my RPRF on 8th May 2013, and my status changed to in progress on the 22nd May. Just wondering roughly how long it takes to get to the passport request stage?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!

Some people pay their RPRF at the start of the process, others at the end, so really it depends. You've not said when you applied, so it's hard to say.

When you say your status on Ecas has changed to 'in process', does it say 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx' (which means they've actually looked at it and you are genuinely in process) or just 'in process' (which just means it's in a pile waiting to be looked at and you've got months before they even pick it up)?

When did you actually apply for PR and which is your visa office?

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10771941)
Some people pay their RPRF at the start of the process, others at the end, so really it depends. You've not said when you applied, so it's hard to say.

When you say your status on Ecas has changed to 'in process', does it say 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx' (which means they've actually looked at it and you are genuinely in process) or just 'in process' (which just means it's in a pile waiting to be looked at and you've got months before they even pick it up)?

When did you actually apply for PR and which is your visa office?

Hi christmasoompa,

Thank you for your reply! Here is my timeline status:

16th April 2012:application received.
May 22nd 2012: Medical exam request
June 13th 2012: Medical results recieved
May 6th 2013: Updated history and RPRF payment request.
May 23rd 2013: In progress. When i click on this is says -We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.

I am hoping that this means it is near the end? I guess its been 13 months since they first received it. Its been processed at Ottowa Pilot office. Thanks again for any insight :)

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 7:54 pm

Blimey, what an odd timeline! I wonder why they requested your meds so soon? You'll have to do it again as it will have expired by now, what a pain.

Anyway, yes, if your Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxx' then they've actually started processing it properly, hurrah!

Having to do your medical again will unfortunately add some time on, but it sounds like you're within a few months of PR.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

marzmurphy Jun 24th 2013 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772017)
Blimey, what an odd timeline! I wonder why they requested your meds so soon? You'll have to do it again as it will have expired by now, what a pain.

Anyway, yes, if your Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxx' then they've actually started processing it properly, hurrah!

Having to do your medical again will unfortunately add some time on, but it sounds like you're within a few months of PR.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

Ok great...thank you so much for your feedback. They did say in one of their emails that they are extending some medical exam results to avoid people having to redo them so fingers crossed I might sneak in!!! haha.. probably not though...

christmasoompa Jun 24th 2013 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10772031)
Ok great...thank you so much for your feedback. They did say in one of their emails that they are extending some medical exam results to avoid people having to redo them so fingers crossed I might sneak in!!! haha.. probably not though...

It doesn't happen that often, but I'd think you were a prime case for it given how early they requested them - doh! That would be good, then PPR would be imminent rather than having to wait to redo the medical.

marzmurphy Jul 11th 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772032)
It doesn't happen that often, but I'd think you were a prime case for it given how early they requested them - doh! That would be good, then PPR would be imminent rather than having to wait to redo the medical.

Hopefully so! was wondering also ,been trying to find out online, but cant seam to get any concrete information. Is the ottawa pilot office on strike too, do you know? Not sure if its just effecting foreign offices or applications from within Canada too...

MrWindUpBird Jul 11th 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10772017)

They did the same thing for me. Also CPP-Ottawa.

FWIW, I paid my RPRF at the end of March and am still waiting. Medical will expire in August.

JAGUAR7 Jul 11th 2013 8:55 pm

paid my final fee on june 19th 2013.checked ecas website,and still no change.
We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.
:(:(:(

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird (Post 10795521)
They did the same thing for me. Also CPP-Ottawa.

FWIW, I paid my RPRF at the end of March and am still waiting. Medical will expire in August.

So annoying! why would they request it so soon if they know it wont be processed in time... Is it just to slow down applications, not to mention the cost of having to redo them :frown:

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 (Post 10795730)
paid my final fee on june 19th 2013.checked ecas website,and still no change.
We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.
:(:(:(

It took over 3 weeks for them to update my status too....also I'm trying to find out for sure, but I believe the visa office is on strike which means no visa are being processed now anyways , which is maybe why the status hasn't updated!

Dorftrottel Jul 17th 2013 9:38 pm

Just found out that the reason they ask for extra photos - is that they put them on a board and once a week they get the tea lady, blindfold her, and get her to throw a dart between her legs. If the dart is lucky enough to hit a photo - then that person gets processed that week!

Siouxie Jul 17th 2013 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10805438)
It took over 3 weeks for them to update my status too....also I'm trying to find out for sure, but I believe the visa office is on strike which means no visa are being processed now anyways , which is maybe why the status hasn't updated!

Not completely true. See this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=6317

ECAS is notorious for not updating - mine didn't update to "decision made" until after I landed!

:)

chiefmissile Jul 17th 2013 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by marzmurphy (Post 10805438)

15 PAFSO officer work in London High Commission, they can't be all on strike since May, they would be sacked, they have to work. However they are working to rule. Locally engaged staff can make decisions on applications and process. I got all this info from a tweet from High Commission London @Canadianuk

I also had an email from my processing officer on Monday:)

Regards

Andrew

marzmurphy Jul 17th 2013 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10805476)
15 PAFSO officer work in London High Commission, they can't be all on strike since May, they would be sacked, they have to work. However they are working to rule. Locally engaged staff can make decisions on applications and process. I got all this info from a tweet from High Commission London @Canadianuk

I also had an email from my processing officer on Monday:)

Regards

Andrew

Hi andrew ,

Thanks for the info. My application is for PR within Canada at the ottawa pilot office. Cant seam to find it they are on strike or just foreign offices, but good to hear you got an email from them!