How long after medicals?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long after medicals?

Hi,

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything on a search. We had our medicals on 2nd August and a letter from the doctors on the 9th saying they had sent everything to CHC. How long is the wait likely to be before we receive PPR? Our Immigration consultants say 3-5 months. That seems a bit long to us.
How long did other people wait?

Thanks

Angela
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long after medicals?

Originally Posted by achak
Hi,

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything on a search. We had our medicals on 2nd August and a letter from the doctors on the 9th saying they had sent everything to CHC. How long is the wait likely to be before we receive PPR? Our Immigration consultants say 3-5 months. That seems a bit long to us.

Thanks

Angela
Hi Angela,

We had our medicals on 12th July and our doctors said that the results would be sent by courier within 4 working days.

We are now about 1 month since having our meds sent to CHC. From reading other threads on this forum, the delay seems to range from 3 to 6 weeks currently.

We too were told by our immigration lawyers that we could wait between 3-5 months but it seems unlikely that we would wait that long.

We keep telling ourselves that it won't be much longer.

Where in Northants are you?

Simon & Laura
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon & Laura,

We are in Rothwell, though hopefully not for much longer. Our house has been up for sale since the middle of May but we have had no interest in it at all so we have decided that if it's not sold by December then we will let it out and go anyway. It's so frustrating to be so close to getting the visas and still not know a timescale.
Hey ho we are all in the same boat...
Where abouts are you?

Angela
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Hi Simon & Laura,

We are in Rothwell, though hopefully not for much longer. Our house has been up for sale since the middle of May but we have had no interest in it at all so we have decided that if it's not sold by December then we will let it out and go anyway. It's so frustrating to be so close to getting the visas and still not know a timescale.
Hey ho we are all in the same boat...
Where abouts are you?

Angela
Hi Angela,

I've sent you a PM.

Simon
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

missmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nicemissmellyshoes is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks

Angela
Hiya we had our meds done 2nd May 2007, CIC received them 9th May, we then got the request for Passports 17th May and received them back complete with nice shiny visas in them 14th June and that was it - all done and dusted! - V quick.

Hopefully you shouldn't be too long now.

MissMellyShoes
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

We did our meds 18th June, sent 12th July (the blood tests take longer here) and we are still waiting
Imm Consultant says 2- 3 months, so hanging on in there
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we recieved our medicals 25th May, the results were sent back June 18th, we heard that they required a separate Psychologists report for our daughter as she has a mild learning disorder, this was sent back the 25th July, and we are now still waiting to hear. I'm assuming that with the summer hols that everything is on a go-slow at the mo.
My champagne is still under our stairs waiting. Hopefully yours should'nt be too long now.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks

Angela
Hi Angela,
We had our medicals on the 2nd July and received a call from our agency on the 24th July requesting our passports (we were on holiday in Portugal). We sent the passports off on the day we returned from holiday (eager) 31st July and we received our visa's on Thursday 16th August. I thought this was really quick.
Good luck, you should hear soon

Annette
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chancey
Hi Angela,
We had our medicals on the 2nd July and received a call from our agency on the 24th July requesting our passports (we were on holiday in Portugal). We sent the passports off on the day we returned from holiday (eager) 31st July and we received our visa's on Thursday 16th August. I thought this was really quick.
Good luck, you should hear soon

Annette
Well done on the timing Annette. It looks as if they have a big bin with meds in. Then they just dip in a hand and pull one out.

Oh well, only a few more walls left to climb.

Still smiling though.

Simon
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Daisytop33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We had our medicals in June although there was a slight delay due to further blood pressure results my partner had to get our GP to forward..We came home from hols on saturday hoping to find a letter asking for our PPR but there was nothing ...although we got it on monday thankgod! ..we were so excited .. After all this wait, our application went in Oct 2004..thought it was never going to happen..so hold on in there it will be on it's way shortly i'm sure..