How Long?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:06 am
Just Joined

boarderyogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long?

Hello everyone,

I know no-one can know for sure, but from other people's experience I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on my query.

We got our updated documents letter in Aug 08, sent them 1st week in Nov 08.
We then received another letter at the end of Nov 08 requesting a missing certificate which I then sent in mid Dec 08.

It stated on the certificate request letter that we had an extra 60 days to send the certificate, I'm wondering if they wait the full 60 days before looking at our application again or because I sent the certificate more or less straight away, will they review the application again as soon as the certificate arrived?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long?

They do not wait 60 days and then look again. When new information is sent in it is attached to the file and forwarded to the officer handling the application. That, however, can take time.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.
Its now around 35 days since they received the certificate, from your experience would the application have been assessed again by now?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:35 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

No one can tell you so you will have to dig deep and be patient.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

I keep waiting for the postman to arrive each morning in the hope he delivers the medical requests!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by boarderyogi
I keep waiting for the postman to arrive each morning in the hope he delivers the medical requests!
We are in the same boat as you - we got a request for more info about 3 months ago now and couriered it back to London from here in Canada and are just waiting for (hopefully) a request for meds.

Unlike you, however, we live in small-town-Saskatchewan, so we have to stop off at the local post office every night after work to pick up from our PO Box, and every night we open the box, hoping, and every night we are disappointed!

Here's hoping that the case officers start getting their fingers out. Christmas is over - time for them to get working!

Last edited by vegasrockstar; Jan 21st 2009 at 8:40 am. Reason: crap formatting!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Exclamation Re: How Long?

Hi all.

We are still waiting to hear back from Seattle for our PR in Canada, Seattle recieved our PNP application for our PR in July' 08, we had our meds in Aug '08, since then we have heard nothing.................not a dickie bird!! We have emailed Seattle twice and are still wating for a reply.............................. We hope we are not wating to too long!!!!!!

Shazza151