How long...........

Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:50 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default How long...........

with the current financial climate, I was woundering if anyone knew........
when, if, I finally get my TWP and get over quickly to start job
is there a time scale that my wife and children have to follow within?

they would remain to get house sold and other items sorted before coming over.

but, looking at the current market the houses around us are not selling overly quickly and this could be the case for several others in the same boat.

Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How long...........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+follow+on+TWP

this a thread ive found but doesnt really answer your question but you could PM the person that answered them for more info?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:06 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by walkerv05
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+follow+on+TWP

this a thread ive found but doesnt really answer your question but you could PM the person that answered them for more info?
Anyone else got any input or details ????

Much appreciated.....
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

really, i could be wrong and will stand corrected but i was of the thinking that if your wife and kids had a copy of your work permit they could land at any time while it was valid, i have scanned the CIC web site and carnt find anything to the contrary?!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walkerv05
really, i could be wrong and will stand corrected but i was of the thinking that if your wife and kids had a copy of your work permit they could land at any time while it was valid, i have scanned the CIC web site and carnt find anything to the contrary?!
Quoted from the CIC web site................

i am applying for a work permit. Does my wife need her own permit or can she be included on mine?

Open work permits can be issued to spouses or common-law partners of holders of valid work permits, providing that the principal applicant’s work permit is valid for at least 6 months and falls within the managerial, professional, technical or skilled trades person category. For a complete list of occupations and further information on the spousal permit please see the following web page:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_spouse.htm
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:37 pm
plw
9 inch member

that's what I came up with too........

but with my luck resently I just wanted another opinion.....

cheers......
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by plw
with the current financial climate, I was woundering if anyone knew........
when, if, I finally get my TWP and get over quickly to start job
is there a time scale that my wife and children have to follow within?

they would remain to get house sold and other items sorted before coming over.

but, looking at the current market the houses around us are not selling overly quickly and this could be the case for several others in the same boat.

Not as far as i know as long as your wife keep all here side of the twp paperwork she can come over whenever she wants. Its the same as if she had to return to the uk for a short time, she can come back into the country no problem if she has here stamp in her passport. Free movement and all that stuff, they cannot stop you leaving and returning to canada at anytime if all your permits are valid