Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long for 120 day letter after taking payment?

How long for 120 day letter after taking payment?

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default How long for 120 day letter after taking payment?

As the title says any ideas how long after taking payment I should expect to wait to receive the 120 day letter, payment was taken from my credit card on 17th december ($1400).

Also is it a foregone conclusion that you will receive the positive letter once payment has been taken or can they still refuse the application?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long for 120 day letter after taking payment?

Originally Posted by stokesey
Also is it a foregone conclusion that you will receive the positive letter once payment has been taken or can they still refuse the application?
From experience, no. If your application lands on an agents desk for processing, then your fee is spent regardless of the outcome.

The pre-processing in Sydney seems to only be a gate to check your qualifying occupation is on the list.

Bonne chance!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by spaceace
From experience, no. If your application lands on an agents desk for processing, then your fee is spent regardless of the outcome.

The pre-processing in Sydney seems to only be a gate to check your qualifying occupation is on the list.

Bonne chance!
What so i could be charged $1400 and still be rejected at the Nova Scotia (Sydney) initial evaluation stage? I can understand later down the line when CIC London have it for the FULL evaluation but surely not at this stage??
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

What so i could be charged $1400 and still be rejected at the Nova Scotia (Sydney) initial evaluation stage? I can understand later down the line when CIC London have it for the FULL evaluation but surely not at this stage??
Sorry, to clarify, they can only take your payment once processing starts at your local proccessing office, in your case London.

I was simply making the point that Sydney ONLY appear to check you've scribbled in the right boxes/forms and your occupation qualifies....so you could still be exposed.

Last edited by spaceace; Dec 22nd 2009 at 3:12 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Yes. If Sydney determine that your application is not to be processed further they'll return your 1400 CAD.

To answer your original question: the time period is highly variable, between circa six weeks and 3/4 months. You might want to check www.trackitt.com for others' timelines.

Last edited by zednought; Dec 22nd 2009 at 3:40 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zednought
Yes. If Sydney determine that your application is not to be processed further they'll return your 1400 CAD.

To answer your original question: the time period is highly variable, between circa six weeks and 3/4 months. You might want to check www.trackitt.com for others' timelines.
What I'm actually getting at is that they have charged my card on 17th December, how long should I have to wait before I receive an email regarding the 120 day letter? I'd have thought within a few days?

Thanks.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaceace
Sorry, to clarify, they can only take your payment once processing starts at your local proccessing office, in your case London.

I was simply making the point that Sydney ONLY appear to check you've scribbled in the right boxes/forms and your occupation qualifies....so you could still be exposed.
I'm still at the CIO stage, nothing has been transferred to London yet. The $1400 is the fee you pay when submitting to CIO.

Cheers.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

You seem to be under the misapprehension that because CIO have debited your credit card they've already made an assessment; this is unlikely. Can I therefore refer you to the response I gave earlier: expect a response anywhere between six weeks and four months.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zednought
You seem to be under the misapprehension that because CIO have debited your credit card they've already made an assessment; this is unlikely. Can I therefore refer you to the response I gave earlier: expect a response anywhere between six weeks and four months.
Reason I ask is that another member had their FSW app rejected at CIO stage and no money was taken, I'd have thought there would be a degree of consistency here?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645774
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Your money may have been taken at the CIO stage, but if you are rejected at the CIO stage then you will get a full refund.

If your application progresses to your local visa processing office, and the application is processed by an immigration officer, then you will not be eligible for a refund (this was our case)
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Reason I ask is that another member had their FSW app rejected at CIO stage and no money was taken, I'd have thought there would be a degree of consistency here?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645774
Received 120 day letter today

So time after taking payment was 5 working days.

Cheers all and have a Happy Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:18 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Received 120 day letter today

So time after taking payment was 5 working days.

Cheers all and have a Happy Christmas
Great news.
Merry Xmas & a swift PR in 2010