How to get work as a plumber???

Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:49 am
Just Joined

devs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get work as a plumber???

Hi, the mrs and i are about to apply to immigrate to vancouver, and i was wondering what tests/courses i need to cover before i can work as a plumber/gas engineer. Any kind of info will be much appreciated
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get work as a plumber???

Originally Posted by devs
Hi, the mrs and i are about to apply to immigrate to vancouver, and i was wondering what tests/courses i need to cover before i can work as a plumber/gas engineer. Any kind of info will be much appreciated
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

If you do a quick search of the Wiki or the forum for 'Red Seal' it'll tell you what you need to do to get it, think you have to prove your work experience (something like 7000 hrs which cannot include apprenticeship) and then take an exam, but I'm not 100% sure. But hopefully there will be lots of threads with info, and a Wiki article to help as well.

You don't need the Red Seal to apply for immigration though, so can carry on with that and get your application in asap before the list changes.

Good luck.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:19 am
Just Joined

devs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

If you do a quick search of the Wiki or the forum for 'Red Seal' it'll tell you what you need to do to get it, think you have to prove your work experience (something like 7000 hrs which cannot include apprenticeship) and then take an exam, but I'm not 100% sure. But hopefully there will be lots of threads with info, and a Wiki article to help as well.

You don't need the Red Seal to apply for immigration though, so can carry on with that and get your application in asap before the list changes.

Good luck.
Cheers christmasoompa, i'll b sure to look at that. Any idea how the english exams are and what entails in the medical examination? Also i have a few light criminal convictions from when i was 18/19, how strict are they on this?
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devs
Cheers christmasoompa, i'll b sure to look at that. Any idea how the english exams are and what entails in the medical examination? Also i have a few light criminal convictions from when i was 18/19, how strict are they on this?
Replied on your other thread about this.