How to get work as a plumber???

Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:49 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
devs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get work as a plumber???

Hi, the mrs and i are about to apply to immigrate to vancouver, and i was wondering what tests/courses i need to cover before i can work as a plumber/gas engineer. Any kind of info will be much appreciated
devs is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:53 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,164
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get work as a plumber???

Originally Posted by devs
Hi, the mrs and i are about to apply to immigrate to vancouver, and i was wondering what tests/courses i need to cover before i can work as a plumber/gas engineer. Any kind of info will be much appreciated
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

If you do a quick search of the Wiki or the forum for 'Red Seal' it'll tell you what you need to do to get it, think you have to prove your work experience (something like 7000 hrs which cannot include apprenticeship) and then take an exam, but I'm not 100% sure. But hopefully there will be lots of threads with info, and a Wiki article to help as well.

You don't need the Red Seal to apply for immigration though, so can carry on with that and get your application in asap before the list changes.

Good luck.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:19 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
devs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get work as a plumber???

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

If you do a quick search of the Wiki or the forum for 'Red Seal' it'll tell you what you need to do to get it, think you have to prove your work experience (something like 7000 hrs which cannot include apprenticeship) and then take an exam, but I'm not 100% sure. But hopefully there will be lots of threads with info, and a Wiki article to help as well.

You don't need the Red Seal to apply for immigration though, so can carry on with that and get your application in asap before the list changes.

Good luck.
Cheers christmasoompa, i'll b sure to look at that. Any idea how the english exams are and what entails in the medical examination? Also i have a few light criminal convictions from when i was 18/19, how strict are they on this?
devs is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:20 am
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,164
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get work as a plumber???

Originally Posted by devs
Cheers christmasoompa, i'll b sure to look at that. Any idea how the english exams are and what entails in the medical examination? Also i have a few light criminal convictions from when i was 18/19, how strict are they on this?
Replied on your other thread about this.

christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.