Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to get work permit at POE (Permanant job offered) pls help

Wikiposts

How to get work permit at POE (Permanant job offered) pls help

Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

khilat is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How to get work permit at POE (Permanant job offered) pls help

I am a British national Overseas passport holder (Hong Kong) living in UK. I have been offered a full time Permanent Job; the company has applied for LMO, in which they mentioned they are offering me a permanent Job at Edmonton, Alberta. As a BNO passport holder i do not required visa to enter canada. i am still waiting on LMO outcome.

My Questions:

1)Company wants me there ASAP, I am planning to get a TWP at POE, Is it possible. I have already applied for SW immigration. But it’s going to take long (a year or so).

2)I have read in judy's answers in the Blog, in which she mentioned that TWP is always related to temporary job but my job is permanent so how I can get a WP at POE. Applying through London is time consuming and my employer wants me ASAP.

Please need advise anyone who come across this situation. Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:56 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get work permit at POE (Permanant job offered) pls help

You have received correct answer - you cannot have a permanent work permit, such thing doesn't exist. Work permit is only for temporary employment (time defined) and offered period of employment must be clearly stated in job offer.

Asking the same question multiple times in different threads won't bring you any different answers.
What is the problem anyway? If company is so desperate to employ you then why they won't follow the advice and write another job offer, this time for temporary, time defined employment? If they really want you ASAP then what's the problem with writing and signing new job offer letter????

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Sep 20th 2008 at 11:58 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:32 am
Just Joined

khilat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get work permit at POE (Permanant job offered) pls help

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You have received correct answer - you cannot have a permanent work permit, such thing doesn't exist. Work permit is only for temporary employment (time defined) and offered period of employment must be clearly stated in job offer.

Asking the same question multiple times in different threads won't bring you any different answers.
What is the problem anyway? If company is so desperate to employ you then why they won't follow the advice and write another job offer, this time for temporary, time defined employment? If they really want you ASAP then what's the problem with writing and signing new job offer letter????
thanks Andrew, i am hoping to get that letter.