How to get PCC from India ?

Old Apr 28th 2003, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get PCC from India ?

Hello experts and other fellow prospective applicants,

I read somewhere in the forum that one has to submit PCC alongwith medicals (if it is not submitted with the application) to avoid further delays for finalzing PR case.

I don't remember exactly, whether I submitted my PCC or not, when I applied for PR in India (Apr 2001). Now I am living in Canada on student visa and my file has been transferred to Buffalo.

My question here is: Is it possible to get PCC from the Indian Consulate office in Toronto? If it is possible, pl let me know what should I do, to get the same. I am expecting medical instructions from Buffalo, so I want to procure my PCC well in advance to minimize further delays.

Anyone, who knows or have similar experience may Please respond .

Thanks in advance

Damodar
Old May 9th 2003, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

TechLover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get PCC from India ?

I just did some inquiry in India and here is what I found:

PCC seems to be Passport Clearance Certificate and it can be issued only on our passport. We don't need it and it also can't be given to those who're outside of India already with their passports.

The Indian police might be able to give NOC (No Objection Certificate). Not sure whether it'd serve the purpose or not. I think "Dude Where's my Car" has obtained such a certificate in the past. Dude, if you're reading this, please let us know what that certificate is exactly called. Thanks.

The Indian consulate can also give us some sort of clearance certificate. It should suffice, I think. Experts, please let us know whether this makes sense or not.

TechLover

Originally posted by reddy_cd
Hello experts and other fellow prospective applicants,

I read somewhere in the forum that one has to submit PCC alongwith medicals (if it is not submitted with the application) to avoid further delays for finalzing PR case.

I don't remember exactly, whether I submitted my PCC or not, when I applied for PR in India (Apr 2001). Now I am living in Canada on student visa and my file has been transferred to Buffalo.

My question here is: Is it possible to get PCC from the Indian Consulate office in Toronto? If it is possible, pl let me know what should I do, to get the same. I am expecting medical instructions from Buffalo, so I want to procure my PCC well in advance to minimize further delays.

Anyone, who knows or have similar experience may Please respond .

Thanks in advance

Damodar
Old May 9th 2003, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point

reddy_cd,
Yes you can get a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from any of the Indian consulates in Canada.
1) Step 1: Fill in Form EAP2 - available from the embassy.
2) Step 2: Complete it with required photos, etc
3) Step 3: Submit it with your passport
4) Step 4: Wait for about 45 days.

The embassy will issue you a PCC stating your criminal records.

JK
Old May 9th 2003, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jude,

Thanks a lot for your information. Here one more quick question, I think I must have submitted PCC (I am sure I obtained it from Bangalore Passport offcie) along with my application, when I applied for PR to CHC New Delhi.

My queastion is: Do you see any reason to get it again (As I am now in canada) ?

Thanks once again

Damodar
Old May 9th 2003, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

dudewheresmycar is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have already submitted it i would not bother to do it over again unless they ask you specifically for one..

They usually send generic letter with doing status updates which have requirements saying you need to get pcc from all places you resided.. i would ignore such requests ..

But if they really need a new pcc it will be a specific request which you would be able to make out..

Some of my US state pcc's were almost 3 years old by the time my application was processed and i was not asked to repeat it..

BTW pcc for india can be obtained from local crime branch in india or if outside the country from your local indian embassy

Originally posted by reddy_cd
Hi Jude,

Thanks a lot for your information. Here one more quick question, I think I must have submitted PCC (I am sure I obtained it from Bangalore Passport offcie) along with my application, when I applied for PR to CHC New Delhi.

My queastion is: Do you see any reason to get it again (As I am now in canada) ?

Thanks once again

Damodar
Old May 10th 2003, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi dude,

Thanks for your response

Damodar