Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how to fill in the IMM5406E.pdf form

how to fill in the IMM5406E.pdf form

Old May 1st 2006, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

dylan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to fill in the IMM5406E.pdf form

Hi all,

I'm confused about how to fill in the Additional Family Information form for my application for permanent residency to Canada.

I have a husband and a daughter who will be accompany me to Canada - my questions therefore are:

1. Do all three of us have to complete a form each?

2. Do we have to put all extended family information on the form (ie mother, father, brothers, etc) or is it just those who are accompanying me to Canada?
Old May 1st 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how to fill in the IMM5406E.pdf form

Originally Posted by dylan101
Hi all,

I'm confused about how to fill in the Additional Family Information form for my application for permanent residency to Canada.

I have a husband and a daughter who will be accompany me to Canada - my questions therefore are:

1. Do all three of us have to complete a form each?

2. Do we have to put all extended family information on the form (ie mother, father, brothers, etc) or is it just those who are accompanying me to Canada?
Answer to 1 is YES, all three of you must complete a copy of the form.

Answer to question 2 is YES, you have to list all extended family even if they are not going to Canada with you.

Page 21 of IMM EG7000 (09-2005) states the following:

Form IMM 5406 must be completed by:

The Principal Applicant
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)
Your dependant children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)

It is very important for you to list on thi form any other children (even if they are already permanent residents or Canadian Citizens) that you, your spouse or common-law partner or your dependant children might have who are not included in your Application for Permanent Residence. This includes:

married children
adopted children
step-children
any of your children who have been adopted by others
any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, common-law partner or other guardian

You must answer all questions. If any section does not apply to you, answer N/A.