Wikiposts

how fast is the new processs????

Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default how fast is the new processs????

dear friends
the new list for which they say that the decision will be taken within 6-12 months........... it is really 12 months for the PR grant??????? or just ur case is finalized and u again are in the long queue for 3-4 years
i am scoring 73 on the points system and eligible for "computer and IT professionals " both level A and level B from Pakistan.
what should be my expectations if i file today???????
please guide
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:18 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: how fast is the new processs????

see my timeline, just over 4 months for 120 day letter then I guess another 3 or 4 before medicals then possibly another 2 or 3 - so I'm thinking approx one year.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:25 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

also depends how quickly you submit the supporting documentation after 120 day letter I guess.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Total processing time is 6-12 months, so you would have PR within the year if they stick to anticipated times.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

thanks alot
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Does that mean that due to the new "shortened occupations list" there are fewer people applying through the FSW route these days? I can't beleive it takes approx 1 year to get through the whole process now!

Back in the day when I applied it was a 2 and a half year wait!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

if they stick to anticipated times

The new process is slightly different in that the initial application goes to Sydney NS where it is pre-processed before it is sent to your local CIC office for final processing.

I'm guessing this will make processing of priority applications under the FSW 2009 rules (aka the new list of 38) more efficient.

Also, the job qualifying list has reduced from hundreds of occupations to 38 = less qualifying applications.

Time will tell.

Last edited by spaceace; Jan 19th 2009 at 2:15 am.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
if they stick to anticipated times

The new process is slightly different in that the initial application goes to Sydney NS where it is pre-processed before it is sent to your local CIC office for final processing.

I'm guessing this will make processing of priority applications under the FSW 2009 rules (aka the new list of 38) more efficient.

Also, the job qualifying list has reduced from hundreds of occupations to 38 = less qualifying applications.

Time will tell.
Absolutely. But so far they're sticking to it, there are lots of people that applied last year and are already in the final stages.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

that sounds very promising :-)
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by spaceace
that sounds very promising :-)
Yep, fingers crossed it continues as speedily!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

It's good to hear Immigration have finally figured out how to be efficient in processing applications.

It'll be interesting to see how many applications are approved this year based on a limited occupation list versus faster processing times.