Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do you prove implied status to employers

How do you prove implied status to employers

Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you prove implied status to employers

exactly that
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:22 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you prove implied status to employers

Originally Posted by burton bunch
exactly that
Show them something official from the CIC website that states that.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
thanks hunni
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:32 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/kits/guides/5553E.PDF
Page 3 - under determining eligibility
"If your current temporary resident status is still valid you can apply for an extension of your stay providing
you apply at least 30 days before the expiry date of your current status. Your original temporary status as a
worker continues under the same conditions until your application is finalized and you have been notified
of the decision."
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

now try and get your driving licence renewed under implied status...it aint easy in mb.. believe me
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:39 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure that you can do that, I thought that (and I could be wrong) implied status was when you had applied for a new WP, which you can't do as your OH LMO is about to run out?

I think your only option is a Visitors Visa (which would mean that neither of you could work, not sure about kids and school) I don't think you would be eligible for health care either. I really hope that I am wrong.......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...implied+status

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/kits/guides/5553E.PDF
Page 3 - under determining eligibility
"If your current temporary resident status is still valid you can apply for an extension of your stay providing
you apply at least 30 days before the expiry date of your current status. Your original temporary status as a
worker continues under the same conditions until your application is finalized and you have been notified
of the decision."

I think BB LMO expires next week...

Last edited by purple80; Jan 28th 2010 at 8:44 am.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:31 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply to renew the WP, accidently forgetting that yo have to get an LMO - it will sit in the pile like the rest of the applications and be turned down once they get to it and see there is no LMO - in this time the PPR should have been issued and everything should be sorted.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:38 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply to renew the WP, accidently forgetting that yo have to get an LMO - it will sit in the pile like the rest of the applications and be turned down once they get to it and see there is no LMO - in this time the PPR should have been issued and everything should be sorted.
You have to apply for renewal at least 30 days before current status expires. So yes, if processing times are over 30 days you can stay past expiry date on implied. Good luck with that!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, a twp extension with same employer takes 79days at moment.. oooppss forgot my lmo .... why not because you can get your driver licence/health card renewed for 90days on implied status as long as you have proof of postage, proof of delivery(tracking)..
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:49 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would work? Wouldn't you still need to be outside the 30 days though? Still a plan is a plan......
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

As an employer I would not accept a print out from a web site. If I wanted to retain an employee I would contact immigration to check. If I was hiring I would expect them to have official documentation. Too many problems otherwise and usually plenty of applicants for jobs.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Aviator
As an employer I would not accept a print out from a web site. If I wanted to retain an employee I would contact immigration to check. If I was hiring I would expect them to have official documentation. Too many problems otherwise and usually plenty of applicants for jobs.
And this is my fear
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:31 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
And this is my fear
You looking to stay with an existing employer or be hired by a new employer?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Well hand them the number for the CIC Call Centre and ask them to call and they will find that the CIC Call Centre will confirm, that yes we have a backlog, so whilst your employees work permit renewal application is in the queue, they are on implied status which means they can continue to work until a decision is made.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:19 pm

Well hand them the number for the CIC Call Centre and ask them to call and they will find that the CIC Call Centre will confirm, that yes we have a backlog, so whilst your employees work permit renewal application is in the queue, they are on implied status which means they can continue to work until a decision is made.
If it is an existing employee an employer may go to the trouble of calling to retain a valuable member of staff. If it is a new hire, I suspect few would bother if there were an adequate supply of local labour ready and able to work and not requiring an extra step of chasing up a government dept for information.. Employers are looking to fill a role as easily as possible. For my, it is up to the employee to demonstrate they are able to legally work, not mine to try and find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.