Wikiposts

How do you fill it in?

Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default How do you fill it in?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but....

I am completing the Background declaration form tonight, but I have too much detail to fill in.

Eg in Education section it asks for City & Country, I need to fill in "Downpatrick, Northern Ireland" but can only get "Downpatrick, Northern Ire." in the space provided. Also type of certificate section...I want to fill in "Diploma in Christian Ministry", but again, it is too large. Should I just be typing "Diploma" or "BA Hons degree"?

Thanks!
Rob
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do you fill it in?

The best solution is to use full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (or any shareware that can do the same) to resize fields and/or change layout, font size etc. in form fields. This is just what I do - I always edit blank forms as soon as new version is posted and make necessary adjustments.

Originally Posted by rabrol
Sorry if this is a dumb question but....

I am completing the Background declaration form tonight, but I have too much detail to fill in.

Eg in Education section it asks for City & Country, I need to fill in "Downpatrick, Northern Ireland" but can only get "Downpatrick, Northern Ire." in the space provided. Also type of certificate section...I want to fill in "Diploma in Christian Ministry", but again, it is too large. Should I just be typing "Diploma" or "BA Hons degree"?

Thanks!
Rob
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
The best solution is to use full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (or any shareware that can do the same) to resize fields and/or change layout, font size etc. in form fields. This is just what I do - I always edit blank forms as soon as new version is posted and make necessary adjustments.
Wow! I wouldn't be that daring. I didn't realise you would be able to do that, especially if some of the forms are machine processed.

One thing you may also be able to assist with though is how often to put N/A in. For example in the Background Declaration form in the section for military service, do I write N/A only in the Name of Country field, or all the fields (Dates, branch service, name of CO, Rank & Dates / places of combat)?

Thanks,
Rob
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

And here is another thing that I'm unsure of

Have I ever sought a Visitor Visa (q.9 Background Declaration)?

I visited Canada in 1988 at age 12 with family for a 5 week holiday and I had a 5 day trip in September. Parents don't remember if they had to get a VISA for our holiday (coming from Northern Ireland) Was it a Visitor Visa that was stamped in my passport? I certainly didn't apply for a Visitor Visa before I went!

Rob
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Forms are not machine processed - although they are scanned and archived in electronic form (PDF) in the system.

One N/A per entire section is enough

If you visited Canada without applying for visitor visa (using visa waiver program) then you only applied for admission at Canadian port of entry, not for visa.

Originally Posted by rabrol
Wow! I wouldn't be that daring. I didn't realise you would be able to do that, especially if some of the forms are machine processed.

One thing you may also be able to assist with though is how often to put N/A in. For example in the Background Declaration form in the section for military service, do I write N/A only in the Name of Country field, or all the fields (Dates, branch service, name of CO, Rank & Dates / places of combat)?

Thanks,
Rob
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Forms are not machine processed - although they are scanned and archived in electronic form (PDF) in the system.

One N/A per entire section is enough

If you visited Canada without applying for visitor visa (using visa waiver program) then you only applied for admission at Canadian port of entry, not for visa.
OK, thats great. Many thanks Andrew....and thanks for all your previous posts which I have uncovered as I've searched the forums various times!

Rob