How do my boys become duals?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:58 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light
Default How do my boys become duals?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but some of you may have had experience with this. I Canadian, and hubby is english to a fault. We have two son born in 2003&2005 in Canada. We were married when they were born. Marriage was in the EU. Can they have dual citizenship? Will they be able to get a UK passport as adults if they want?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:46 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do my boys become duals?

The answer is yes.

See the page called Am I eligible for a UK passport on the website of the British High Commission in Ottawa.

Then see Apply for your first British passport.
x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but some of you may have had experience with this. I Canadian, and hubby is english to a fault. We have two son born in 2003&2005 in Canada. We were married when they were born. Marriage was in the EU. Can they have dual citizenship? Will they be able to get a UK passport as adults if they want?
As long as your husband was born in the U.K. they are already British citizens (by descent).

It would be recommended to get at least first British passports immediately, to document this (and take care of them in the long term). Proving ID can be more awkward if they apply for first passports as adults.

No problem with dual British/Canadian citizenship. Your husband might also wish to take out Canadian citizenship if he has not already done so.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:20 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Judy in Calgary you rock! Thankyou ver much. Also thankyou very much Jaj, will consider your advice about getting the boys their passports. Just home hope the little one does not use it run away from home to find Thomas the Tank engine.