Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I ship stuff to Canada now that I have PR status

How do I ship stuff to Canada now that I have PR status

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

cau0730 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I ship stuff to Canada now that I have PR status

Hi everyone,

I guess it is time to start thinking about this now. Can someone please enlighten me on how to ship my stuff(computers/books) to Canada without having to pay on them again? Do I have to wait until I land to send my stuff until I land?

Rick Caudill
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: How do I ship stuff to Canada now that I have PR status

Originally Posted by cau0730
Hi everyone,

I guess it is time to start thinking about this now. Can someone please enlighten me on how to ship my stuff(computers/books) to Canada without having to pay on them again? Do I have to wait until I land to send my stuff until I land?

Rick Caudill

You'll need to prepare the "Goods to Follow" list and "Goods Accompaning" list. You can download these forms from the Canadian Customs website.

You can bring the stuff with you when you land or the stuff can arrive after you land. The important thing is to submit the above lists to Customs for stamping (....... they'll give you back a copy), so that you won't have to pay import duty on goods.

In the search box of this website, type " goods to follow" and read the past threads on this subject.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I ship stuff to Canada now that I have PR status

Originally Posted by cau0730
Hi everyone,

Rick Caudill
If you already have PR (ie Landed) status then unfortunately I think you blew it, the goods to follow list should of been submitted to customs at the port of entry. If you import your goods now you will have to pay duty and all sorts of taxes.

If you are applying for PR or have the visa, but are yet to land the as the previous poster mentioned the forms from the Canada customs web site. Have at least 2 copies as customs will keep one when you land.

Dozzzzy