Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I prove I plan to reside in Canada when I have never lived there?

How do I prove I plan to reside in Canada when I have never lived there?

Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I prove I plan to reside in Canada when I have never lived there?

Originally Posted by bewillow
How did he state his intent to return? Did you include a letter signed by him that said that?

Can I ask exactly what supporting "evidence" did you send with your sponsorship application?
Supporting evidence was 1) copy of mortgage agreement of house purchase and 2) letter from prospective employer.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: How do I prove I plan to reside in Canada when I have never lived there?

Originally Posted by newshoney
Supporting evidence was 1) copy of mortgage agreement of house purchase and 2) letter from prospective employer.
Facinating. It sounds like they do not have very regularly applied rules in CPC-M about how to deal with intent to return to Canada of a Canadian spouse. You send that and then get asked, and others send their web research and have no questions.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Facinating. It sounds like they do not have very regularly applied rules in CPC-M about how to deal with intent to return to Canada of a Canadian spouse. You send that and then get asked, and others send their web research and have no questions.
We onlhy sent the supporting evidence when asked. It didn't accompany the initial application.

My OH had lived in Canada from birth until his company sent him to the UK in 1994 so we thought his SIN and history would be enough but they wanted to know how he intended to support his PR dependents (me and 3 kids) and that was why we sent them the proofs.

Who knows how they apply the rules? It may be there are random additional checks... or there's always human error to take into account. Hopefully for the OP it will all run smoothly.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

CPC Mississauga doesn't make that decision, it is by the overseas office, Mississauga only determines if you are eligible to sponsor.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
CPC Mississauga doesn't make that decision, it is by the overseas office, Mississauga only determines if you are eligible to sponsor.
I thought the "intent to return" was evaluated as part of the sponsorship application. Only once that was assessed (and approved) would the PR application be sent to the overseas office.