Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I let them know I am Moving?

How do I let them know I am Moving?

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Stig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I let them know I am Moving?

Hello All,

I submitted my In Canada, Spousal sponsorship application to Vegriville back in November, and they haven't started processing it yet...
I am about to move house, but how do I let them know what my new address is?
I can't do it on-line, because they haven't started processing my application, and if I send them a letter, what are the chances of it being associated with my application? (Which is probably sat on a shelf somewhere, un-opened)
Should I bombard them with letters, in the hopes that one of the letters arrives after they have begun processing?

How Frustrating!

Stig.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Chuck_H. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I let them know I am Moving?

Originally Posted by Stig
Hello All,

I submitted my In Canada, Spousal sponsorship application to Vegriville back in November, and they haven't started processing it yet...
I am about to move house, but how do I let them know what my new address is?
I can't do it on-line, because they haven't started processing my application, and if I send them a letter, what are the chances of it being associated with my application? (Which is probably sat on a shelf somewhere, un-opened)
Should I bombard them with letters, in the hopes that one of the letters arrives after they have begun processing?

How Frustrating!

Stig.
Hi Stig,

I ran into the same problem as yourself. You can either fax them or mail it to them. I snail mailed it myself, as I just don't trust faxes. Apparently it went through, cause on e-client it shows my current address. Also, if you mail it, put your file number on the outside of the envelope. This will sound kinda silly, but I mailed mine in a large manilla envelope, so that way I would feel sure they did'nt lose it...lol I can just see a small envelope falling behind someone's file cabinet...lol Apparently the large envelope worked!!! Good luck!!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

lingganst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chuck_H.
Hi Stig,

I ran into the same problem as yourself. You can either fax them or mail it to them. I snail mailed it myself, as I just don't trust faxes. Apparently it went through, cause on e-client it shows my current address. Also, if you mail it, put your file number on the outside of the envelope. This will sound kinda silly, but I mailed mine in a large manilla envelope, so that way I would feel sure they did'nt lose it...lol I can just see a small envelope falling behind someone's file cabinet...lol Apparently the large envelope worked!!! Good luck!!

Hihi!

I have applied for inland sponsorship to Vegreville as well and I will be moving end of Feb. I am wondering this same thing!! I guess I will mail them AND fax them (just to be sure?) . However, I do not have a file number yet to my application. In the event that my new address did not go through, will they allow immigration letters to be forwarded to my new address through Canada Post? (unlike OHIP which will be returned). And by the way, ur idea for the big envelope sounds good. I will do that.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lingganst
Hihi!

I have applied for inland sponsorship to Vegreville as well and I will be moving end of Feb. I am wondering this same thing!! I guess I will mail them AND fax them (just to be sure?) . However, I do not have a file number yet to my application. In the event that my new address did not go through, will they allow immigration letters to be forwarded to my new address through Canada Post? (unlike OHIP which will be returned). And by the way, ur idea for the big envelope sounds good. I will do that.
I also do not have a file number yet. That is why I am worried.
It does seem that they try to make the whole process as difficult and intimidating as they possibly can at times!
It seems a little unfair that they seem expect us to put our lives on hold while we play this game...

Stig.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:02 am
Just Joined

I also do not have a file number yet. That is why I am worried.
It does seem that they try to make the whole process as difficult and intimidating as they possibly can at times!
It seems a little unfair that they seem expect us to put our lives on hold while we play this game...

Stig.
Hmmm. Lots of 'Seems' in that post. I probably should have re-read it before I pressed the 'Submit' button.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm. Lots of 'Seems' in that post. I probably should have re-read it before I pressed the 'Submit' button.
No worries, I understood what you're saying though.
I sent my application on Nov 24 and have been checking e-client regularly but to no avail. Do you know when we will receive any sort of information from them? Sigh, this seems endless...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:29 am
Just Joined

No worries, I understood what you're saying though.
I sent my application on Nov 24 and have been checking e-client regularly but to no avail. Do you know when we will receive any sort of information from them? Sigh, this seems endless...
I also had been checking regularly, got grumpy about the lack of respose from "Them", so put a post on here complaining about it. This was Andrew Miller's Response:

It is normal. You won't hear anything from Vegreville for at least 5 - 8 or so months, after they are ready to process the case. There is no AOR, nothing. Vegreville is using one step process for inland sponsorship cases and they don't even open the package until ready to process.

Quote:
Hi All,

I applied for PR, sponsored by my Wife, from within Canada back in November, and haven't heard anything since... Is this normal? Don't they usually send something acknowledging receipt of the application?
Has anyone else appled to Vegreville recently?

Thanks...

Andrew P. Miller

Authorized Immigration Consultant
Registered member of CSIC - ID# M041188

Vancouver, British Columbia

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

yeah, Andrew Miller told me this same thing. Well, I guess we just have to hang in there!
Let's hope for the best. And do keep me posted on your progress..well, that's if you hear anything from them. I will too!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

yeah, Andrew Miller told me this same thing. Well, I guess we just have to hang in there!
Let's hope for the best. And do keep me posted on your progress..well, that's if you hear anything from them. I will too!
I surely will. Good luck with your application, hope the patience holds up for you!

Stig.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

I surely will. Good luck with your application, hope the patience holds up for you!

Stig.

hey Stig, I just changed my address online and chance upon my updated status on e-client. This is the first time I am able to log in. It says In-process. Received Nov 24, 2004. Started processing on Feb 19, 2005. I hope that means my sponsor is approved for sponsorship and they're processing my application. Have u checked yours?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:10 am
Just Joined

hey Stig, I just changed my address online and chance upon my updated status on e-client. This is the first time I am able to log in. It says In-process. Received Nov 24, 2004. Started processing on Feb 19, 2005. I hope that means my sponsor is approved for sponsorship and they're processing my application. Have u checked yours?

Just Checked mine, they havn't started yet

Good for you though, I hope it goes smoothly!

Ade.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:33 am
Just Joined

I Finally Heard from them today!!!! They sent me two letters (Which Canada post managed to forward), one letter said they have received my application, and the other one says they have finished processing it!
I don't know if this means that it's all finished or what???
How is your application progressing?

Stig.