Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I fill out the updated information chart for PR?

How do I fill out the updated information chart for PR?

Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

SelinaOsib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I fill out the updated information chart for PR?

Hi everyone, I am new to forums but have identified this one as potentially being of great help having read through some previous threads.

To give you some background information I married my husband who is Canadian in July 2010 and I am British but we officially sent off my PR application in March 2011. 3 months later (2 days ago) I received a request for passports and photos (yay!) but along with it they have asked me to fill in an updated information chart which I am having trouble with.

Throughout the entire application the 'principal applicant' was my Canadian spouse who is sponsoring me. The updated information chart requests information for the principal applicant and the spouse but I am assuming that only I have to fill it out as I am the only one that needs the visa.

If this is correct is someone able to advise whether I fill out my information in the principal applicant line or where it says 'Spouse or Partner'? Can someone also confirm if I have to provide my husband's details on the form even though he is Canadian?

Thank you!

Last edited by SelinaOsib; Jun 17th 2011 at 9:28 pm. Reason: spelling error!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:20 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I fill out the updated information chart for PR?

Hi

Originally Posted by SelinaOsib
Hi everyone, I am new to forums but have identified this one as potentially being of great help having read through some previous threads.

To give you some background information I married my husband who is Canadian in July 2010 and I am British but we officially sent off my PR application in March 2011. 3 months later (2 days ago) I received a request for passports and photos (yay!) but along with it they have asked me to fill in an updated information chart which I am having trouble with.

Throughout the entire application the 'principal applicant' was my Canadian spouse who is sponsoring me. The updated information chart requests information for the principal applicant and the spouse but I am assuming that only I have to fill it out as I am the only one that needs the visa.

If this is correct is someone able to advise whether I fill out my information in the principal applicant line or where it says 'Spouse or Partner'? Can someone also confirm if I have to provide my husband's details on the form even though he is Canadian?

Thank you!
You are the principal applicant, as your spouse is NOT applying for Immigration. So you don't include the Canadian spouse's information.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

SelinaOsib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I fill out the updated information chart for PR?

Thank you PMM, that's been really helpful!