Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How did you send your application to Mississauga

Wikiposts

How did you send your application to Mississauga

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of
Default How did you send your application to Mississauga

We're all set to post our Spousal Sponsorship application to Mississauga and I'm planning to post it off today. I was planning to get it signed for, but have realised that it's a PO Box address, which seems to mean that it can't be signed for. I don't really want to send it standard airmail - it seems to unreliable, and could take weeks to get there! I can't find any threads about posting the applications, so I wondered what everyone else had done.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: How did you send your application to Mississauga

Hi Dan
I sent mine via the Royal Mail on 31st Dec, sent it International Signed For (I wanted to be able to track the package and know it was signed for at the other end). My package weighed in at 523g and cost £14.38 to post.

Through the Track & Trace I discovered the package had been received at CPC on 8th January, however, they were unable to provide a copy of the signature (I presume this is because it was sent to a POBox - didn't realise that). You use the same reference number on www.canadapost.ca to track the package once in Canada.

Am currently waiting for a response from CPC. The CIC website doesn't show anything yet (using online fees receipt number), I'm sure I read somewhere that they have something like 30-40 days in which to make first response. I'm being positive and thinking that as I haven't had the whole package back yet they are hopefully processing and I'll get my sponsorship acceptance letter in the next 2-3 weeks

FYI Royal Mail gives a comparison on the services offered.

HTH and good luck
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Thanks for that thundercat.

I'd looked on the royal mail website, but found another page to the one you mentioned, which was specific to Canada and gives some different information. That page states that you can't get a copy of signatures obtained in Canada, as you found. Moreover, they don't even guarantee that it will be tracked once it leaves the UK on the International Signed For postage. In the end I opted for Airsure, which is tracked so that you can prove delivery but is not actually signed for so is more appropriate for PO Box addresses.

Good luck with your application - hope that they put you out of your misery soon!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
We're all set to post our Spousal Sponsorship application to Mississauga and I'm planning to post it off today. I was planning to get it signed for, but have realised that it's a PO Box address, which seems to mean that it can't be signed for. I don't really want to send it standard airmail - it seems to unreliable, and could take weeks to get there! I can't find any threads about posting the applications, so I wondered what everyone else had done.
Hi, mine may be a little different as I sent it from within Canada. We sent it via Purolator to the PO Box address and it sat in limbo for a few days awaiting an 'address correction' which panicked me 'slightly'. Apparently we should have used the courier address, we didn't realise at the time. Purolator figured it out though and all was well, the package was signed for and we were able to trace it. I think that if you send it by Royal Mail/Canada Post then the PO Box is fine, but if you use another service then maybe use the courier address.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

SarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
We sent our spousal app off to Mississauga in Oct 07. I can't remember now if it was Airsure or International Signed For (sorry not much help I know) but a signature did appear on track and trace on 20th Oct. We got an email notification from Canadapost which gave us a link to go to. On the link was a pdf file showing the signature of the person who signed for the package. I've just checked it again and it still gives details of who signed but says the signature file has been archived.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting. I received PPR just over a week ago so hopefully it won't be long for you.

Isn't it such a relief when you finally get those forms completed and in the post?!!!!!

Best wishes all,

Sarah