Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How come people are waiting years?

How come people are waiting years?

Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: How come people are waiting years?

Originally Posted by JET747
Surely it is better to try and fail than not try at all.

I won't be mortgage free, and we both see benefits of the Canadian dream for the family - - but we both know that we will have to work harder than here and it is our children that will see the biggest benefit of all and that is what we are happy with.

As the OP said ....there is nothing here for the Children's future.

JET
True, it is worth it in the end if the children get a better life and opportunities we didnt have growing up.....
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by JET747
As the OP said ....there is nothing here for the Children's future.

JET
That's a major reason why I left....just didn't want my daugther growing up in London. Canada just seems a better environment for kids.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenD
Hi all,

Just a question regarding the timelines I've been reading on this forum. I've been told (even by Canadian Immigration email) that the wait time for a FSW cat1 is 6-12 months. Yet there seem to be some poor souls on this forum that have been waiting YEARS!

What's going on?
The liberals got into power and lowered the points threshold without revising the system, consequently a backlog built up of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people. Swiftly, the waiting list grew to well over 60 months and a lot of very skilled people gave up on Canada and filed applications to go to other countries instead.

The conservatives got in and tried to clear the mess up and did it in a typically unfair way that ended up with people who had been waiting for years being processed after people who applied more recently. It has been a right royal screw-up from start to finish.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:25 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
If we were able to withdraw our application now and re apply under the new system i honestly beleive we would still get our PR quicker than through the old system, i have nothing against them changing the system as it was clearly not working but as said they should have cleared the backlog before fast tracking all the new applicants,

Also seems CIC are very quiet at the moment no updates have come out for some time ? wonder why
If you withdrew your application would you get your money back Coffeepot?

It seems CIC are only sending out PPR just now, not seen any med or doc requests lately?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Originally Posted by MR79
One thing iv always wondered is with the falling exchange rate and then having to wait years to get to Canada....Is it really worth it for some people as their funds maybe limited and going out there with as above poster said survival funds and no job or having to rent and looking for a job...is it still really worth it?! Especially for some people who are comfortable in the UK and looking for change..wouldnt it be easier to move within in the Uk or is it something else that draws you to Canada?!...Even meaning that you may struggle and have to return like some do or suck it up and live a worse life then what you did in the Uk......

Just wondering really if people do continue with their plan or give it up and concentrate on a comfortable life in the UK....

MR79
Exactly. I know of several people who applied around the same time as us who had to give us on their dream as the move was no longer affordable with the pound dropping so much and at the same time as UK house prices falling. We are lucky to still be able to make the move, but we have now chosen a much cheaper area of Canada and should be able to get by ok as opposed to feeling relatively well off had we been able to move in 2007 as we wanted. Luckily we are not just going for a bigger house and to get out of the UK, but because we really wanted to move to Canada.The lure of the cheaper houses (depending on your to and from locations of course) and cars seen until recent years seems to have all but evaporated.

That said, CIC did process our applicaion in 30months not the 42-48 we were quoted under the old "new skilled worker program", for which I am very grateful.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye.
If you withdrew your application would you get your money back Coffeepot?

It seems CIC are only sending out PPR just now, not seen any med or doc requests lately?

No Kaye we wouldn't thats why we won't withdraw it now, we had a letter about 11/2 years ago saying we had so many days in which to withdraw but that was before the new lists etc. so now we just have to wait like the rest pre list souls usually the update requests seem to come out in bunches but haven't seen any for a while

Still we do have to sell the house yet
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

We applied under the old system, AOR in Oct'07 and I got a 90 day letter on friday, requesting documents.

I'm not sure if this is them finally acting on our original application as is, or if it's because I am now here on a TWP, as I haven't informed them about me being here or tried to 'expedite' my PR application because of said circumstances.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson
We applied under the old system, AOR in Oct'07 and I got a 90 day letter on friday, requesting documents.

I'm not sure if this is them finally acting on our original application as is, or if it's because I am now here on a TWP, as I haven't informed them about me being here or tried to 'expedite' my PR application because of said circumstances.
Looking on trackitt they are sending out OCT now so looks like its your AOR esp as you haven't informed them

Congratulations lets hope lots more are sent out
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:52 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

No Kaye we wouldn't thats why we won't withdraw it now, we had a letter about 11/2 years ago saying we had so many days in which to withdraw but that was before the new lists etc. so now we just have to wait like the rest pre list souls usually the update requests seem to come out in bunches but haven't seen any for a while

Still we do have to sell the house yet
your house sells soon and you get your doc reqs. Can't belive they're making you wait so long.. really strange you've not had yours when Oct are getting theirs now

Originally Posted by Alanandson

Congratulations
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Kaye.;8364997] your house sells soon and you get your doc reqs. Can't belive they're making you wait so long.. really strange you've not had yours when Oct are getting theirs now

Thanks Kaye wonder if mine is under a table leg somewhere
well i have done all i can for now will wait a bit longer and see if anything comes of it if not at least i have proof i have contacted them and not just left it if it has gone missing

Hope we see lots more updates now
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Congratulations
cheers! glad to see it finally surface again.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:01 am
Future Albertan

Hope not!!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

[QUOTE=Coffeepot;8365022]
:
...or fallen down the back of a radiator

You'd be surprised about what goes on in large, bureaucratic organisations.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=PaulOK;8365419]

...or fallen down the back of a radiator

You'd be surprised about what goes on in large, bureaucratic organisations.
No i wouldn't what do you think is under m table leg