How can I prove dependency?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

compo is on a distinguished road
Default How can I prove dependency?

I'm about to submit my immigration application but don't know how to provide evidence that I support my son. He's 22yrs old and at University and we pay all of his living costs but have no proof of this. Has anyone any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I prove dependency?

Originally Posted by compo
I'm about to submit my immigration application but don't know how to provide evidence that I support my son. He's 22yrs old and at University and we pay all of his living costs but have no proof of this. Has anyone any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve
I am trying to think back to when we had to do the same. It was easier for us because our son was at uni in our home town and so lived at home.
So we were onviously paying living costs.
We sent a copy of his UCAS aceptance letter to prove he was in fact at uni and when his course began.
What about bank statements if you are paying his living costs.
You must either give him money or pay his rent somehow?
Is any of this reflected on bank statements?

Not much help I'm afraid. Buts its all Iv'e got.
Its funny once you have been through the process and have been here a few months how you forget.

Penny
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Just had another thought.

I saw from another of your posts that your sons are 21 and 22.

What sort of timesclae are you looking at to gain pr?

I believe that to remain dependent a child must be under 22 right up to the time of landing or be in full time education "since before turning 22" and remain in full time education until pr granted and landed.

Are you going on a work permit first?
If you are I don't know how that affects your sons.

It may be something to run by Andrew Miller.

Last edited by pennyhp; Feb 7th 2008 at 3:30 pm. Reason: Dyslexic moment
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Age is locked in at the time of the application. Dependancy however is not.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

compo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments. He will still be 22 at time of application and we hope to get PR towards the end of the year. We support him with cash for all of his living costs. Our arrangement is that his student loans cover his fees and rent and we pay for everything else. We will then pay the student loans until he gets on his feet. This is difficult to prove though.