Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How can I check that job offer is geuine ?

How can I check that job offer is geuine ?

Old Mar 16th 2012, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

rubablu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I check that job offer is geuine ?

Hi
I am going to apply for SNIP program by an agent.I already got job offer. Is there any way to counter check that job offer is genuine or not ? thanks.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I check that job offer is geuine ?

Originally Posted by rubablu
Hi
I am going to apply for SNIP program by an agent.I already got job offer. Is there any way to counter check that job offer is genuine or not ? thanks.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'an agent'? Do you mean an immigration consultant?

I'm sure the job offer is genuine, as long as you didn't pay anything (it's illegal for anybody to charge you anything for helping you to find a job), and presumably you've had interviews etc so know that the company exists?

Have you already got your LMO? HRSDC will check that the job offer is genuine when they decide whether or not to grant the LMO, so if you haven't got it yet then that's one of the things they'll look at.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 16th 2012 at 4:27 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'an agent'? Do you mean an immigration consultant?

I'm sure the job offer is genuine, as long as you didn't pay anything (it's illegal for anybody to charge you anything for helping you to find a job), and presumably you've had interviews etc so know that the company exists?

Have you already got your LMO? HRSDC will check that the job offer is genuine when they decide whether or not to grant the LMO, so if you haven't got it yet then that's one of the things they'll look at.
Yes "immigration consultant". i did not pay for job offer but i will pay for full procedure.Is there any LMO for Saskatchew​an ? Are you sure about it ? I did not got any LMO related papers just only offer letter.But I checked online copany is exits and I also saw their advertisement in job search website. contact person is same who signed my job offer letter.Please let me know what can I do next.thanks.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes "immigration consultant". i did not pay for job offer but i will pay for full procedure.Is there any LMO for Saskatchew​an ? Are you sure about it ? I did not got any LMO related papers just only offer letter.But I checked online copany is exits and I also saw their advertisement in job search website. contact person is same who signed my job offer letter.Please let me know what can I do next.thanks.
The complete process is outlined on the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Website - http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/skilled - click on the "application guide" and it tells you what your next step should be.

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/...killed-workers (application guide)

I don't know if an LMO is still required or not.

What responsibility does the employer have for the completion of a SINP application?

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/...yers-questions

The employer must provide:
• A signed written offer of permanent, full-time employment to the applicant in an occupation that falls into the NOC level 0, A or B on the NOC matrix or a Designated Trade;
• A SINP 500-7 SINP Company Information Release Form;
• A SINP 500-8 SINP Affidavit of English Language Ability (if applicable);
• A SINP 500-9 SINP Affidavit of Job Knowledge and Skills (if applicable).

What must be included in the job offer?

The job offer must come from a legitimate and registered Saskatchewan employer, addressed to the applicant and it must list all of the following:
• The job title and a description of duties and responsibilities;
• The salary the applicant will receive;
• The benefits the employer will provide; and,
• The company's contact information.

All positions must offer wages and working conditions that match Saskatchewan standards in that occupation.

I wonder why your paid consultant has not explained all this though?

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 16th 2012 at 5:52 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
The complete process is outlined on the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Website - http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/skilled - click on the "application guide" and it tells you what your next step should be.

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/...killed-workers (application guide)

An LMO isn't required with a job offer as far as I could see, just the offer of a job to qualify you for applying to the program but I could be wrong!

I wonder why your paid consultant has not explained all this though?
thanks for reply.I read all guideline and also read offer letter procedure for employer of saskatchewan.But I did not find anywhere that need LMO for saskatchewan SNIP. Please let me kow if anybody knows.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for reply.I read all guideline and also read offer letter procedure for employer of saskatchewan.But I did not find anywhere that need LMO for saskatchewan SNIP. Please let me kow if anybody knows.
Again, which stream are you applying under? Some require you to already be working in SK (for which you'd need a LMO). You need to be a bit more specific so that we can give you answers.

How many interviews have you had and were they face to face or just phone interviews?

Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Again, which stream are you applying under? Some require you to already be working in SK (for which you'd need a LMO). You need to be a bit more specific so that we can give you answers.

How many interviews have you had and were they face to face or just phone interviews?

I am applying for skilled category. just only video conference interview.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am applying for skilled category. just only video conference interview.
OK, so no LMO is required, but the job offer will still be checked out by the authorities which will hopefully put your mind at rest.

You may decide you don't need an immigration consultant to help you do the forms (most people on this forum don't use one), but if you do decide to pay somebody to do them for you make sure they are licensed by ICCRC.

Good luck.

Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

OK, so no LMO is required, but the job offer will still be checked out by the authorities which will hopefully put your mind at rest.

You may decide you don't need an immigration consultant to help you do the forms (most people on this forum don't use one), but if you do decide to pay somebody to do them for you make sure they are licensed by ICCRC.

Good luck.

thanks for all info.