How can her daughter come?

Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default How can her daughter come?

Hi everyone, hope you can help!

Myself and my husband have just got our visa's using the community identified stream pnp for nova scotia. We got in partly through my business knowledge and ability to run a business thus contribute to the province.

Our friends are currently applying also through the community identified nspnp, as the husband is a physio so the hope is they will actively want his skills in the community. All fine so far.

His step daughter, aged 32, has now decided she too would like to come along. She is a nursing assistant so, whilst carrying out a really important function, I don't think she classes as "skilled" as such. She would like to train to be a nurse though.

1. Am I right in thinking that because of her age she can't come along with her mum and stepdad?
2. What should I advise her as the best way to come in, bearing in mind she will not just come in as a visitor and apply from within as her dog would have to come with her
3. I have searched the wiki and cic for studying abroad, to train to be a nurse, but it looks really expensive. I am thinking that she would have to fund it all herself as a non-resident, or would it be just as expensive if she was a permanent resident?

I appreciate any advice, as I think I am confusing myself the more I research into it!

Thanks
Rachel
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: How can her daughter come?

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
Hi everyone, hope you can help!

Myself and my husband have just got our visa's using the community identified stream pnp for nova scotia. We got in partly through my business knowledge and ability to run a business thus contribute to the province.

Our friends are currently applying also through the community identified nspnp, as the husband is a physio so the hope is they will actively want his skills in the community. All fine so far.

His step daughter, aged 32, has now decided she too would like to come along. She is a nursing assistant so, whilst carrying out a really important function, I don't think she classes as "skilled" as such. She would like to train to be a nurse though.

1. Am I right in thinking that because of her age she can't come along with her mum and stepdad?
2. What should I advise her as the best way to come in, bearing in mind she will not just come in as a visitor and apply from within as her dog would have to come with her
3. I have searched the wiki and cic for studying abroad, to train to be a nurse, but it looks really expensive. I am thinking that she would have to fund it all herself as a non-resident, or would it be just as expensive if she was a permanent resident?

I appreciate any advice, as I think I am confusing myself the more I research into it!

Thanks
Rachel
hi

I dont think she can come along with her mum and stepdad. if she was a permanent resident she could study much cheaper. International student fees are quite steep. But study pemit is a way of getting into Canada initially, then finding a job and applying for PR is one of the options available if she is able to afford the fees. otherwise she needs to find a job in Canada who is ready to get an AEO.

regs
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice.
Do you think it would be difficult for her to get a job as a nursing assistant to do this?

Rachel
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
Thanks for the advice.
Do you think it would be difficult for her to get a job as a nursing assistant to do this?

Rachel
I have no idea regarding how easy or difficult it is to get a job as nursing assistant. I am not in Canada yet.

regs