Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how to apply for police clearence in UK

how to apply for police clearence in UK

Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

to_rk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to apply for police clearence in UK

hi

could someone let me know what is the proceedure for applying police clearence. where to get the application form, what documents we need, etc.

thanks
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: how to apply for police clearence in UK

Pop into nearest police station and ask for forms to be sent,or download them on line from your forces website. I photocopied 2 pieces of ID(passport and birth certificate) and got my mate whos a teacher to sign them with date, her place of work and her home and school address to acknowledge they were genuine. Sent off cheques.Did this twice(one for me and one for hubby)Took about 5 weeks to come.Nice and easy if you know how!!!!!!!Cost 10 quid each.Hope this helps.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:48 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to apply for police clearence in UK

Originally Posted by Nick11
Pop into nearest police station and ask for forms to be sent,or download them on line from your forces website. I photocopied 2 pieces of ID(passport and birth certificate) and got my mate whos a teacher to sign them with date, her place of work and her home and school address to acknowledge they were genuine. Sent off cheques.Did this twice(one for me and one for hubby)Took about 5 weeks to come.Nice and easy if you know how!!!!!!!Cost 10 quid each.Hope this helps.
I e-mailed this query to my local Police HQ and the guy there sent me the forms back as an attachment.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and myself downloade forms fro the Met Office website London , just look here

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/...opnt/dataprot/

there are 2 pdf documents to download on this page , 1 document at the top is for a National Police Check on the computer which is what you should download and fill in , for the Canadian embassy .The other is pdf document ;lower down is a local police check , in this case it is Cornwall , If you just did a local one this would not show if you previous record in another area of the UK.

thanks Dave

Last edited by wizaird; Jan 26th 2005 at 6:28 am. Reason: misunderstanding
Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

This link should help you:

http://www.escapemate.co.uk/modules....rtid=83&page=1

Regards,
Patrick