Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to apply for Multiple entry work permit from within canada?

How to apply for Multiple entry work permit from within canada?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:31 am
Just Joined

duns is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile How to apply for Multiple entry work permit from within canada?

Hi Guys,

Please let me know how should I apply for a multiple entry visa work permit.I have a Post Graduation single entry work permit.And I wanted to go to my home country .My permit is gonna expire in sept09.Also I would like to know how should I apply to bring my family here as my dependents.Do they have to apply for the visa from there?

My PR application is in process and I would like to know when I will be able to get a respose from them.I have submitted in FSW category in buffalo and I got the file number in Nov08.ANybody have any idea when will I be able to get my PR since I heard that the processing time is now 6-12months.I got the file number exactly on the 30th day.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to apply for Multiple entry work permit from within canada?

Originally Posted by duns
Hi Guys,

Please let me know how should I apply for a multiple entry visa work permit.I have a Post Graduation single entry work permit.And I wanted to go to my home country .My permit is gonna expire in sept09.Also I would like to know how should I apply to bring my family here as my dependents.Do they have to apply for the visa from there?

My PR application is in process and I would like to know when I will be able to get a respose from them.I have submitted in FSW category in buffalo and I got the file number in Nov08.ANybody have any idea when will I be able to get my PR since I heard that the processing time is now 6-12months.I got the file number exactly on the 30th day.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify exactly what work permit you've got (not heard of a single entry work permit before?), and when it expires (you've said Sept 09 but I assume that's a type?).

And what do you mean by 'family'? Do you mean a wife/common-law spouse and/or children or other family?

And finally, under what class of FSW is your application? Did you apply with a HRSDC approved job offer or some other method?

If you can answer the above then hopefully somebody will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by duns
Hi Guys,

Thanks
1. You can apply through any of the US CHC offices for a multiple entry TRV.
2. You spouse and children would have to apply for TRVs through the CHC in their country of residence, you will have to send them a copy of your work permit in Canada, and prove of sufficient funds to support them, a net income of $833 for yourself+$333 spouse and $244 per child per month.
3. It depends on what category you applied for CEC? FSW?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Hi

I actually came here as an International student and did my Graduation.I am now on a Post Graduation work permit.In the permit its mentioned as single entry.My permit will expire in sept09.So I wanted to know how should I apply for the Multiple entry visa to CHC outside canada.I heard that we have to sent the passport to the visa office outside canada for stamping the multiple entry. Is there any application form available for that in the CIC website?

I applied as FSW category to buffalo.I wanted to know what will be the time frame for buffalo to contact for further processing.I already got my file number and the application is in process.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:51 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Actually what you need is a multi-entry visa to go along with your work permit. Visas are only issued overseas at consulates or embassies so that would be where you need to apply. I think it can be done by mail if you have a valid TWP with significant validity remaining.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply .Is there any application form available for this process which I have to fill out or do I have to send the passport with the workpermit copy to get it stamped for multiple entry?Whats the process to send the passport for stamping?

What is the time period for which I have to apply for the extension of the work permit?I have a Post Graduation work permit and it would be helpful if somebody can explain how I should aply for the extension of the work permit to Vegreville,AB.Do I have to go for an HRSDC approval or something?

Also I would like to ask what is the time period for getting a pesponse from the Consulate office once we get the PR file number.I got my filenumber in Nov 08 and in the website the status is showing as "In Process".I had applied in the new FSW category1.

Is there any cic contact number availablewhere I can speak to somebody?The one which is on the cic website is autogenerated.