Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hooray I am back and have two questions please

Hooray I am back and have two questions please

Old May 13th 2009, 7:37 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Smile Hooray I am back and have two questions please

Hello all.

I must say after 5 months of being in Canada I am quite happy with the situation. The work environment has stabilised, I still have no credit card and my partner has finally joined me.

We are slowly but surely preparing for our Family Class Permanent Resident Application.

To recap.
I am Austrian, she is Canadian. We will have lived at the same address (with a shared lease, a shared lease for the car etc) for one year by the time we apply.

I just have ea few questions around the "education" bits in the application forms.

In your supporting documentation did you submit copies or originals of your University/Highschool diplomas or did you simply fill out the forms and leave it at that? Translating diplomas from German to English and then get the verified by the Austrian government to be genuine is very very expensive and tedious. If I could avoid that, I would be happy to. I would even be happy to simply not list my Masters as I am working already and this is a family class application. Any tips on how thorough we should be are very much appreciated.

I know that you can submit an Open Work Permit application along with your application, however I could not find those forms for the love of God. Which area of the CIC do I have to crawl for that?
Furthermore the standard application package now reads "IN-cANADA application for permanent residency status". While I am In-Canada I would like my application to be processed in Austria (way quicker), did those forms change or is it simply dependent on which processing centre we send it to?

Thank you muchly
Old May 13th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Hooray I am back and have two questions please

Hi,

for this application i believe it is not neccessary to submit any certificates with your application unless the rules have changed. It may be best to read the wiki in the blue bar on the top of the menu screen. Also many people decide to submit their application as "out of Canada" to thier local visa office when infact they are in Canada, just check on the guide which office you will need to submit your details to. Also for the opne work permit i believe this link is what you need to fill out but please dont quote me on it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tions/work.asp

As mentioned before its best to read the wiki.

Thanks,

MR79
Old May 14th 2009, 1:10 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: Hooray I am back and have two questions please

Originally Posted by MR79
Hi,

for this application i believe it is not neccessary to submit any certificates with your application unless the rules have changed.
Thanks I thought as much as it did not mention anywhere in the appendix that you should submit such proof. I would think that a family class, sponsored application first and foremost needs to include proof of the relationship and not the educational background.

It may be best to read the wiki in the blue bar on the top of the menu screen.
Yes, thank you I am a fan of the wiki and I went through it. Unfortunately it does not cover this particular point.

Also many people decide to submit their application as "out of Canada" to thier local visa office when infact they are in Canada, just check on the guide which office you will need to submit your details to.
As long as it is Mississauga versus Vegreville I am fine. I am familiar with that then

Also for the opne work permit i believe this link is what you need to fill out but please dont quote me on it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tions/work.asp

As mentioned before its best to read the wiki.

Thanks,

MR79
Thank you, that link looks like the application for a temporary work permit.