Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Holiday Visit to Activate my PR, few questions

Holiday Visit to Activate my PR, few questions

Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday Visit to Activate my PR, few questions

Hi,

Me and my family have got our CORP, we have to land by August 2013 to Activate our PR. We were planning on making the move permanetly in July, but a few things have changed so our plan now is to Visit for 2 wks in May on holiday to land as a family to start our PR. Then come back to England for a while.

My questions:
Are we ok to do it this way? My Aunt has a fixed address in Edmonton so I can arrange for our PR cards to be sent to her, again is she ok to sign for them. We got in through the AINP family sponsorship, as we are only visiting for 2 wks we will only have funds for the holiday... what is required at immigration on landing. Will we pass doing it this way. (sure there have been previous posts like this but unable to find them).

Any help would be aprreciated, Thank you
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Visit to Activate my PR, few questions

When you land ask to see Immigration as you wish to make a landing. Have your COPR forms in your hand carried luggage.
Tell Immigration you are landing but going back to the UK and therefore do not have a goods to follow list.
Thats about it. You can use your Aunts address for the PR cards to be sent to.
Initial PR cards I don't believe are signed for on delivery.