holiday visa/ visitor visa

Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

tashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default holiday visa/ visitor visa

Is there a difference between a holiday visa and a visitor visa.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:25 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday visa/ visitor visa

Originally Posted by tashy
Is there a difference between a holiday visa and a visitor visa.
No such thing as a holiday visa (there is a working holiday visa), visitor entry is under a visitors permit.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

tashy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you enter the country with a 2 week return flight ticket but decide to stay longer than 2 weeks do you have to get a visitor visa to stay longer? (UK citizen)
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you enter the country with a 2 week return flight ticket but decide to stay longer than 2 weeks do you have to get a visitor visa to stay longer? (UK citizen)
Uk citizens get up to six months (may be less - dependent on the immigration officer and what he decides to give) on entry to Canada with no visa required.

All of the info you need is on the CIC website.

Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:36 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

If someone fronted up with a ticket that shows the return as being in two weeks time is it not likely that immigration will stamp a 2 week visit visa in and not 6 months?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:56 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

In all the times I travelled on vacation to Canada, they never stamped a " leave by" date in my passport , just the date of entry.

I'm lead to believe that this means you have the full six months.

They very rarely bother to give you less unless they have a reason to. I suspect part of it is that they can't be bothered to change the date constantly on their stamp !

Although once the nice man at Calagary did stamp our passports with the wrong YEAR. We only discovered this AFTER we had returned home and weer trying to figure out how we had managed to visit Canada twice int he space of a few weeks!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:01 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the input Zoe

Always good to know how they are doing things in that respect. I have to confess I didn't check the last time we visited.

Just had a look in the passport I used. Shows me as having entered Edmonton on 20th Dec but (as we expect) no exit stamp, and in this case no stated allowed visit period.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by james.mc
If someone fronted up with a ticket that shows the return as being in two weeks time is it not likely that immigration will stamp a 2 week visit visa in and not 6 months?
I have never heard this happen...But Immigration can do what they like! The general rule is that British Citizens have up to 6 months from arrival date stamped in the passport (as long as your passport validity allows this) unless the individual immigration officer advises otherwise.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:38 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
...The general rule is that British Citizens have up to 6 months from arrival date stamped in the passport (as long as your passport validity allows this) unless the individual immigration officer advises otherwise.
Quote: '6 months from arrival date stamped in the passport┬┤

Is that the general rule?

I thought we were starting to establish that, for Brits, there is nothing other than a dated entry stamp added to your passport.

Leaving it open for you, as a Brit, to make sure you leave within 6 months.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by james.mc
Quote: '6 months from arrival date stamped in the passport┬┤

Is that the general rule?

I thought we were starting to establish that, for Brits, there is nothing other than a dated entry stamp added to your passport.

Leaving it open for you, as a Brit, to make sure you leave within 6 months.
Yeah that is why I said up to 6 months.