Holding onto my open work permit?

Old Jul 18th 2003, 11:20 pm
Posts: n/a
Default Holding onto my open work permit?

I have an open work permit as a common-law partner of a temporary foreign
worker. I'm going back to the states to finish school, while my partner
continues to work in Canada.

Can I just keep my open work permit even though I don't live in Canada? Do I
show it to immigration every time I cross the border, or should I not even
I don't need a visa to enter Canada.
Should I just say, "im visiting my common-law partner"?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.