Wikiposts

Hoe much do medical exams cost?

Old May 7th 2011, 5:23 am
Just Joined

anitac is on a distinguished road
Default Hoe much do medical exams cost?

Hi

I'm moving to Canada with my husband who is Canadian I have applied for an IEC visa but we were considering sponsorship once we get there if we settle. Just trying to figure things out cost wise and was wondering how much do the medical exams cost? Sorry if this posted somewhere else but I couldn't see anything. I assume if I got it done in the UK it wouldn't be covered by the NHS! Looking at the sponsorship forms it could require a lot of stuff or is just a standard physical exam usually ok?

The medical examination is defined as any or all of the following:
•Complete physical examination for all family members;
•Chest X-ray and a radiologist’s report for everyone aged 11 years and older;
•Urinalysis for everyone aged 5 years and older;
•Blood test for everyone aged 15 years and older;
•HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years and older and
•HIV testing for children who have received blood or blood products or who have a known HIV mother

I could get it done in Canada or before I leave the UK so not sure which route to go down is better.

Thanks for all your help
Anita
Old May 7th 2011, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hoe much do medical exams cost?

Originally Posted by anitac
Hi

I'm moving to Canada with my husband who is Canadian I have applied for an IEC visa but we were considering sponsorship once we get there if we settle. Just trying to figure things out cost wise and was wondering how much do the medical exams cost? Sorry if this posted somewhere else but I couldn't see anything. I assume if I got it done in the UK it wouldn't be covered by the NHS! Looking at the sponsorship forms it could require a lot of stuff or is just a standard physical exam usually ok?

The medical examination is defined as any or all of the following:
•Complete physical examination for all family members;
•Chest X-ray and a radiologist’s report for everyone aged 11 years and older;
•Urinalysis for everyone aged 5 years and older;
•Blood test for everyone aged 15 years and older;
•HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years and older and
•HIV testing for children who have received blood or blood products or who have a known HIV mother

I could get it done in Canada or before I leave the UK so not sure which route to go down is better.

Thanks for all your help
Anita
Anyone with multiple piercings (i.e. with more than just their ears pierced) need Hepatitus blood tests.

Just to give you a rough ballpark - our medicals cost £474 in total, including xrays - for me and my wife. Although neither of us required the additional Hepatitus tests, which would make it more expensive.

Wayne.
Old May 7th 2011, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back - that's a lot of money for a medical! At least I can budget a little better now how much I need to put aside for fees.

Anita
Old May 7th 2011, 6:26 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

You can only get your meds done at certain designated doctors
The list is on cic's website

Then you can google the various doctors who should have their prices listed
Old May 7th 2011, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Thanks for getting back - that's a lot of money for a medical! At least I can budget a little better now how much I need to put aside for fees.

Anita
Depending on whether or not you need the Hep tests, I suggest you budget for £300 per person - since the fees do vary from DMP to DMP as well.

Wayne.
Old May 8th 2011, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

i paid around £370. I live in Slough.
Old May 8th 2011, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to call docs on Monday on the list and ask how much they cost. I have a feeling it depends on how many tests they decide you need in the end.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

I'm getting mine done tomorrow in Canada so will let you know
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Did anyone get any further news on the cost of medicals in the UK vs Canada? I am based in Toronto, and have found a DMP on College St, that will do it for $143 - that includes blood tests & x-rays and there is no additional tax on top. Cheapest I have found so far. However I am going back to the UK for a trip soon and wondered whether it might be cheaper there.....my nearest would be Slough but if quotes of £350+ then I think it looks like it would be cheaper doing it here in Canada. Would welcome any further experiences.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for all your help
Anita
Is the medical for your sponsorship? If you are not planning on applying for a while, then wait till you decide to apply before getting your medical done. They are only valid for a year. Also, from what I have seen on the forums, it is cheaper in Canada to get the medicals done.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleo
Is the medical for your sponsorship? If you are not planning on applying for a while, then wait till you decide to apply before getting your medical done. They are only valid for a year. Also, from what I have seen on the forums, it is cheaper in Canada to get the medicals done.
Thanks Caleo. I'm waiting a while, just trying to get as much done research wise in advance. Common-law partner and i will have reached year long anniversary of cohabiting on 27th July, but we're both heading back to the UK for a holiday on 22nd July. Plan is to finish off the application pack whilst we are there - getting letters from my parents etc, then he will head back around the 6/7th August whilst I stay on for a couple more weeks. When he's back in Canada he'll post it off. So my plan was to get the medical done during the week before we fly to the UK, so it is as close as possible to our application posting date. Getting there slowly!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:26 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

I had my immigration medical done in Kelowna, BC. All it cost is $295.00 which was for everything, the medical examination, the x-rays and the blood testing.