Wikiposts

hmmm...which office to apply to?

Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:16 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default hmmm...which office to apply to?

Greetings all. I'm looking to get my PR application pack sent-off around the beginning of March (skilled worker with full time job offer and currently in Canada on a two year temp work permit). I'm confused as to which Visa post to send it to? I meet the criteria to send it to London or Buffalo- obviously I am interested in which will be quickest.

Has anyone done this recently and could possibly give me time-lines??
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:29 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hmmm...which office to apply to?

Originally Posted by geo4
Greetings all. I'm looking to get my PR application pack sent-off around the beginning of March (skilled worker with full time job offer and currently in Canada on a two year temp work permit). I'm confused as to which Visa post to send it to? I meet the criteria to send it to London or Buffalo- obviously I am interested in which will be quickest.

With arranged employment I think you'll find London is quicker as they fast-track. See my timeline below through London, I added Arranged employment in December 2006 and had visa by May 2007.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:39 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
With arranged employment I think you'll find London is quicker as they fast-track. See my timeline below through London, I added Arranged employment in December 2006 and had visa by May 2007.

Were you actually working out here at the time or was it AEO with you in the UK?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:45 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Were you actually working out here at the time or was it AEO with you in the UK?
I was working here. Came over on BUNAC, then got an LMO and two year work permit.

I actually submitted PR application while still on BUNAC visa after being here 9mths, never considered Buffalo as an option. Added the arranged employment, and was very quick from then....

Not that long ago London were quoting 6mths processing with arranged employment. Even if that's doubled to a year, it's still quicker than Buffalo...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:49 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

We did exactly this, via London. 75 days from sending off the application to passport request.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:53 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by bazzz
We did exactly this, via London. 75 days from sending off the application to passport request.
Holy isht!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:47 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
I was working here. Came over on BUNAC, then got an LMO and two year work permit.

I actually submitted PR application while still on BUNAC visa after being here 9mths, never considered Buffalo as an option. Added the arranged employment, and was very quick from then....

Not that long ago London were quoting 6mths processing with arranged employment. Even if that's doubled to a year, it's still quicker than Buffalo...
i don't know about aeo - but i'm in the other fast track group: pnp. been here on a wp too. buffalo resp. seattle needed pretty close to half a year from recieving my package to issuing ppr - aor dated march 16th, 2007, ppr dated september 6th, 2007 - and one month delay is my "fault" because i was on my way to europe (and stayed there for a whole month) when my medical request arrived...

so, i principally agree that london seems to be quite quick with fast tracked applications - but to suggest that buffalo takes more than a year for priority cases is imo misleading. (edit to add that i'm aware that buffalo officially doesn't fast track anything at all - but i follow(ed) enough time-lines from regular sw and fast tracked ones which give at least a hint that sw without job offers seem to take longer...)
i think that completeness and good documentation of an application, no complications in background and medical checks and the working speed of "your" immigration officer make the bigger difference than choosing london over buffalo or vice versa.
what might influence peoples choice would be a (hopefully unlikely) interview - do you want to fly back to the uk for that, how easy do you get a us-visa (if you need one)...

just my two cents.

Last edited by lof; Jan 16th 2008 at 1:55 pm.