Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

High Commission of Canada in the UK

High Commission of Canada in the UK

Old May 2nd 2006, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Angel2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High Commission of Canada in the UK

Does anyone know a contact number for the High Commission of Canada in the UK? My husband called their number in London but there was no option to speak to a live person only an automated message.

Angel
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High Commission of Canada in the UK

Originally Posted by Angel2k6
Does anyone know a contact number for the High Commission of Canada in the UK? My husband called their number in London but there was no option to speak to a live person only an automated message.

Angel
Hi Angel,
From what I remember, I don't think there is one....it's all about posting your applications out and then waiting. There were no resources for checking up the status of your application when we were applying (2002/2003). Think it's still that way.

Jaycee
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:45 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Angel
jaycee is right there is no contact number for the high commision, i think there may be a fax number or the only other option is to go up there, the cic contact number won't work from the UK.

Sorry can't be more help

steve
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:24 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I may be getting old and my memory a bit suspect, but I seem to recall someone posting a number for an actual person at the CHC on this site in the past. Maybe not..probably thinking of something else

Of course if the CHC found out they may have changed it since then?

The received wisdom is its better to fax as they have better things to do than answer the phones...like process the applications.

If its important fax them, if its not, leave them alone to do there job.

Last edited by iaink; May 2nd 2006 at 7:35 am.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:13 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Angel
There's no number I'm afraid. If there is I don't think anybody's ever found it.
If your questions/query's for them is important, send an email or two, with a week or so gap in between and they would hopefully reply. If its not a private matter and you just need to ask a few bits and bobs, why not ask the people on these boards, there's plenty of knowledgeable people hanging about, (not me) who know what there talking about.