Hi Returning to the UK..

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Markbrown3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Returning to the UK..

Hi so after completing my studies and getting married I am back with all my family in Canada and I am here currently on holiday and i didn't make the decision to move here until a few days back when I made my mind up that this is the place now to settle for me and my wife.

Ok so my wife is going back to the UK on the 11th and so was I but now I am staying here to look for work

So the question I got a return ticket do I need to inform anyone that I am canceling to stay on here to look for work or do I just not attend the flight?

I know I can stay here for six months being a British passport holder but would I need to consult the airline.. I knew it may sound stupid but I have never done this so I was just a bit scared of the Canadian government ....

Oh and I forgot to introduce myself hehe, I am from Birmingham UK and work for Ericsson Telecommunications as an IT field technician coordinator,

I am off to read the Jobs Wiki I have an interview lined up for next week in downtown Vancouver so i need to go and Buy a sexy black suit for the interview gotta impress.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:13 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Returning to the UK..

Originally Posted by Markbrown3
I know I can stay here for six months being a British passport holder but would I need to consult the airline.. I knew it may sound stupid but I have never done this so I was just a bit scared of the Canadian government ....
Not necessarily, what does it say in your passport, the admission stamp usually gives and expiration date. Six months is not automatic, it is the maximum. The airline have nothing to do with this so why ask them?

If you don't turn up for your flight its no big deal to them, pax fail to show up every day, all you'd do is forfeit your ticket and have to buy another one when you do leave.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:49 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi so after completing my studies and getting married I am back with all my family in Canada and I am here currently on holiday and i didn't make the decision to move here until a few days back when I made my mind up that this is the place now to settle for me and my wife.

Ok so my wife is going back to the UK on the 11th and so was I but now I am staying here to look for work

So the question I got a return ticket do I need to inform anyone that I am canceling to stay on here to look for work or do I just not attend the flight?

Oh and I forgot to introduce myself hehe, I am from Birmingham UK and work for Ericsson Telecommunications as an IT field technician coordinator,

I am off to read the Jobs Wiki I have an interview lined up for next week in downtown Vancouver so i need to go and Buy a sexy black suit for the interview gotta impress.
A fellow Brummie - welcome
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Markbrown3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, There is a stamp but thats just the day that I landed in canada, there is no expiration date in the passport?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

If you are staying for the 6 months, (that is all you are allowed at most) change the date on your ticket for 6 months away, why lose the price on a ticket when you will eventually need to leave for one reason or another..
If at that time you don't return to UK for what ever reason...just don't show up for flight unless you have a ticket you can get a refund on...
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:31 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
If you are staying for the 6 months, (that is all you are allowed at most) change the date on your ticket for 6 months away, why lose the price on a ticket when you will eventually need to leave for one reason or another..
If at that time you don't return to UK for what ever reason...just don't show up for flight unless you have a ticket you can get a refund on...
Some cannot be changed, depending on the class of ticket and carrier. T & C should give the answer.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't return after 6 months you will be regarded as a illegal immigrant.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:37 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark just to say welcome and good luck with the interview
Terese