Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

hi Jim,Andrew,PMM..how will CIC decide how much time to give to LAND ?

Wikiposts

hi Jim,Andrew,PMM..how will CIC decide how much time to give to LAND ?

Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:14 am
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi Jim,Andrew,PMM..how will CIC decide how much time to give to LAND ?

hi,

some good news at last.....i have received the much-awaited "Passport request" from the LA embassy of canada.

i sent it to the LA embassy for stamping ,they got it on DEC 3rd,Friday.

my meds are valid till JAN 21,2005

one bothering question still:
due to some job and personal issues.....i cant go straight away to canada now......can i ask to extend my time to land for 3 months more,or will they say no way, you have to land before you MEDS expire i.e JAN 21,2005 ? what will happen if i dont land now before my meds expire?

can i ask for extension and time to land ?
can you please answer my query ..

BASICALLY HOW DOES THE cic DECIDE HOW MUCH TIME TO GIVE TO A PERSON WHEN THEY SEND ME BACK, THE PASSPORT ? BECAUSE I GATHER THAT APPLICANTS GET ANYWHERE FROM 3 WEEKS TO 6 MONTHS OF TIME TO LAND IN CANADA ? should i write a letter again to LA that i need more time to go and land ??i am a DEC 2001 applicant at buffalo,file transfer to LA.

eager for your reply.

---SAM ,
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi Jim,Andrew,PMM..how will CIC decide how much time to give to LAND ?

Basically PR visa can be issued with validity of upt to 12 months from medicals or shorter if passport expires sooner. If your medicals were perfect and you have resided all the time since in US without going anywhere abroad then under your circumstances LA may at their discretion extend validity of your medicals and give you visa with expiration date few months after January, but they not always do that. Your personal reasons are irrelevant - you may land before visa expires and leave Canada the same day for up to 3 years.

Originally Posted by sam5099
hi,

some good news at last.....i have received the much-awaited "Passport request" from the LA embassy of canada.

i sent it to the LA embassy for stamping ,they got it on DEC 3rd,Friday.

my meds are valid till JAN 21,2005

one bothering question still:
due to some job and personal issues.....i cant go straight away to canada now......can i ask to extend my time to land for 3 months more,or will they say no way, you have to land before you MEDS expire i.e JAN 21,2005 ? what will happen if i dont land now before my meds expire?

can i ask for extension and time to land ?
can you please answer my query ..

BASICALLY HOW DOES THE cic DECIDE HOW MUCH TIME TO GIVE TO A PERSON WHEN THEY SEND ME BACK, THE PASSPORT ? BECAUSE I GATHER THAT APPLICANTS GET ANYWHERE FROM 3 WEEKS TO 6 MONTHS OF TIME TO LAND IN CANADA ? should i write a letter again to LA that i need more time to go and land ??i am a DEC 2001 applicant at buffalo,file transfer to LA.

eager for your reply.

---SAM ,
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:15 am
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi Jim,Andrew,PMM..how will CIC decide how much time to give to LAND ?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Basically PR visa can be issued with validity of upt to 12 months from medicals or shorter if passport expires sooner. If your medicals were perfect and you have resided all the time since in US without going anywhere abroad then under your circumstances LA may at their discretion extend validity of your medicals and give you visa with expiration date few months after January, but they not always do that. Your personal reasons are irrelevant - you may land before visa expires and leave Canada the same day for up to 3 years.
so Mr.Miller,

i have resided since 4 years in the US and didnt go out of the US even once.....they said MEDS were ok...but i need more time to land...so CAN i ask the LA embassy to extend my time by WRITING THEM AND EXPLAINING THE REASONS at job OR even then will it be at their discretion ?

--sam...thanks
Old Dec 5th 2004, 5:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam

Originally Posted by sam5099
so Mr.Miller,

i have resided since 4 years in the US and didnt go out of the US even once.....they said MEDS were ok...but i need more time to land...so CAN i ask the LA embassy to extend my time by WRITING THEM AND EXPLAINING THE REASONS at job OR even then will it be at their discretion ?

--sam...thanks
Writing won't help, you are just going hope that LA extends the medical, if not what does it take to fly to Canada (or drive) "land' and then return to the US to clean up your affairs?

PMM