Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hi all..im baccccck. Just a couple of quickies

Hi all..im baccccck. Just a couple of quickies

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:22 am
Just Joined

azreal2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all..im baccccck. Just a couple of quickies

Hey all, i doubt non of you will remember me, but people came to know me as the CIC's love child due to my stupidly quick application process. here is my quick story.

Came to Canada on a 6 month Visa to be with my fiance who was already here. (April 07)

When my 6 month Visa (Nov 07) ran out we were married and 3 days before my Visa expired I sent in our spousal sponsorship and application for PR (Which automatically allowed me to stay until a decision was made)

Went To Edmonton and was Landed as a PR in Nov 08 whole process was exactly 1 year 5 days.

Anyway so there is my quick story for those who do not remember me.

Anyhow I have a couple of new questions...Was wondering if someone could shed some light on for me. I will keep them short and sweet!!

Question 1 - Ok so I am 27 years old. So to save you the math I was 25 when i came to Canada. I am British by birth and lived worked and played only in Britain until i left. Now Someone at work told me i am now classed as a "British overseas citizen" and that due to this if me and my wife wanted to move back to the UK we may not be allowed to as I am not a full Citizen anymore, rather than a "BOC" Can anyone shed some light on this?

Question 2 - Now do not look to much into this, I am more curious than anything. I cannot apply for Citizenship here until Feb '11 but I am just CURIOUS that if (hypothetical) renounced my British Citizenship would this allow me to apply sooner, or would i even be allowed to as then i technically wouldn't have a country of citizenship.

Anyhow, hope you are all well! And if anyone needs help with PR application/spousal then let me know, just remember, the inbound one is not as bad as they say
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:26 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all..im baccccck. Just a couple of quickies

Originally Posted by azreal2007
Hey all, i doubt non of you will remember me, but people came to know me as the CIC's love child due to my stupidly quick application process. here is my quick story.

Came to Canada on a 6 month Visa to be with my fiance who was already here. (April 07)

When my 6 month Visa (Nov 07) ran out we were married and 3 days before my Visa expired I sent in our spousal sponsorship and application for PR (Which automatically allowed me to stay until a decision was made)

Went To Edmonton and was Landed as a PR in Nov 08 whole process was exactly 1 year 5 days.

Anyhow I have a couple of new questions...Was wondering if someone could shed some light on for me. I will keep them short and sweet!!

Question 1 - Ok so I am 27 years old. So to save you the math I was 25 when i came to Canada. I am British by birth and lived worked and played only in Britain until i left. Now Someone at work told me i am now classed as a "British overseas citizen" and that due to this if me and my wife wanted to move back to the UK we may not be allowed to as I am not a full Citizen anymore, rather than a "BOC" Can anyone shed some light on this?

Your work colleague is either yanking your chain or they're a little stupid. You'll remain a full British Citizen.

Question 2 - Now do not look to much into this, I am more curious than anything. I cannot apply for Citizenship here until Feb '11 but I am just CURIOUS that if (hypothetical) renounced my British Citizenship would this allow me to apply sooner, or would i even be allowed to as then i technically wouldn't have a country of citizenship.

I very much doubt this is even possible

Anyhow, hope you are all well! And if anyone needs help with PR application/spousal then let me know, just remember, the inbound one is not as bad as they say
Comments in red
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by azreal2007

1. Bad information, you are not a BOC see: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/bri...ascitizenship/
2. You can't renounce a citizenship, unless you have another citizenship, i.e. you can't make your self a stateless person.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

azreal2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys!

much as always!