hgv class 1 driver

Old Oct 22nd 2019, 7:33 am
Just Joined

smason68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hgv class 1 driver

hi
I have my class 1 hgv and also my ADR have over 10 yrs experience driving alcohol... my wife is a trained nurse and has just qualified we are looking to emigrate to Canada.
the problem is I'm in my 50s and my wife is a wee bit younger than me we also have two children.
don't have a clue how to start the ball rolling to emigrate to Canada or even where the best place would be for the two of us to get a job.
if any one could help it would be fantastic...thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hgv class 1 driver

Originally Posted by smason68
hi
I have my class 1 hgv and also my ADR have over 10 yrs experience driving alcohol... my wife is a trained nurse and has just qualified we are looking to emigrate to Canada.
the problem is I'm in my 50s and my wife is a wee bit younger than me we also have two children.
don't have a clue how to start the ball rolling to emigrate to Canada or even where the best place would be for the two of us to get a job.
if any one could help it would be fantastic...thanks
Hi, and welcome to BE. Your first step would be to look and see if you qualify for a visa, your wife would be the main applicant. Start here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html

Your wife will need to jump through quite a lot of hoops to be able to nurse in Canada, expect it to take a year or more and to cost $$$$. You can search the forum for info on how she can get her nursing experience recognised and what she'll need to do, tons of threads for a bit of light reading! For your work, this Wiki article may be helpful - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada_

Do you have any province in mind, have you visited Canada before?
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

smason68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada emigration

hi
put a post up yesterday got good results.
can anyone inform me what would be the best province to look at for a nursing job and also a HGV class 1 job I'm in my 50s and my wife is a wee bit younger.
we are just at the start of looking how we could move to Canada.
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 2:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada emigration

Originally Posted by smason68
hi
put a post up yesterday got good results.
can anyone inform me what would be the best province to look at for a nursing job and also a HGV class 1 job I'm in my 50s and my wife is a wee bit younger.
we are just at the start of looking how we could move to Canada.
Did you look in to visas? If you do qualify for a visa without a job offer then that’s great, and you can go anywhere. But if you need a job offer to get a visa then you’ll just have to go wherever you can find an employer prepared to go to the cost and hassle of hiring you, so may not have any choice in where you live.

So if you can give us more info about your visa eligibility, that will help people direct you. I’ll merge this with your other thread to keep all the info together.