Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Heres some post-med processing info - is anyone else the same?

Heres some post-med processing info - is anyone else the same?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:26 pm
mcm
Just Joined

mcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to all
Default Heres some post-med processing info - is anyone else the same?

Sent in medicals on 9th July, hoping for a fast turn around. Spent the last five weeks pacing the hall and finally cracked and dropped a case specific query asking after processing time....heres the very polite response:

'Thank you for your message. We appreciate that you wish to arrive in Canada as soon as possible, however at this moment we do not anticipate requesting your passports for visa issuance before December 2010/January 2011.'

Looking like a 6 month processing time and another christmas in the UK - just wondering if any other folk are experiencing the same delay?

The optimist in me still expects a letter tomorrow!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:30 pm
mcm
Just Joined

mcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to all
Default Re: Heres some post-med processing info - is anyone else the same?

...or maybe its a bit of crowd control...don't want too many folk all at the same time!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:59 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Some one else has had that same response, can't think who sorry. Looks like they have hit their quota for this year.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcm
Sent in medicals on 9th July, hoping for a fast turn around. Spent the last five weeks pacing the hall and finally cracked and dropped a case specific query asking after processing time....heres the very polite response:

'Thank you for your message. We appreciate that you wish to arrive in Canada as soon as possible, however at this moment we do not anticipate requesting your passports for visa issuance before December 2010/January 2011.'

Looking like a 6 month processing time and another christmas in the UK - just wondering if any other folk are experiencing the same delay?

I had the same response- word for word.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:38 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest MCM, when did you apply?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:52 pm
mcm
Just Joined

I applied FSW March 2009, 120 day letter in May 2010, invite to original medical in July 2009, then postponed through to May this year waiting for my daughter to be born, submitted her application in May 2010, invite to medicals arrived in June, medicals were submitted on 9th July 2010.

So a long journey, but to be fair the big delay was self imposed and I've broadly been impressed with the pace of processing. Thinking to put more focus on getting arranged employment to help things along!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mcm
I applied FSW March 2009, 120 day letter in May 2010, invite to original medical in July 2009, then postponed through to May this year waiting for my daughter to be born, submitted her application in May 2010, invite to medicals arrived in June, medicals were submitted on 9th July 2010.

So a long journey, but to be fair the big delay was self imposed and I've broadly been impressed with the pace of processing. Thinking to put more focus on getting arranged employment to help things along!
1. It takes about 4-6 weeks for the Medical results to be reviewed at the Regional Medical Centre and the results sent to the processing office.
2. At this stage and AEO won't effect your application.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:17 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcm

Sorry to hear that there will be a delay until the new year.

I wonder if it will be the same for FSW2 applications.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Ouch! This has got me worried.

Surely they couldn't have reached their quota so quickly, it's only August. Maybe there's a cutoff point with the date of the Medical or something like that.

I sent CIC an e-mail a month ago asking if they'd recieved my RPRF and got a reply last week saying that they'd received it and had 'resumed processing' .....no mention of timescales.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:11 pm
mcm
Just Joined

To tell you the truth, I don't think there is much of a pattern in all this. Looking at other threads and based on my own experience it all seems a bit random. Probably not a case of two steps forward one step back, but more to do with available resource to do the processing. For someone used to getting what they want went they want it its a great exercise in humility. Still, may make it to the Rockies for the early spring ski season, and I settle my mind on the thought that long term plans take a long time!!