Here we go...

Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:00 am
  #61  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 203
kki6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by peek
i think the immigration officer has told you about the 3 or 4 weeks. officer will responce you with in that period .becouse at this last stage they know what they are doing and what is the exect time wil be taken. and aboute police check i think some times police check happen befire the interview. and they are thinking about your case . and i wish you will get a good news for you. and soon you will say baye to your computer.and if you have send the fax of your divorse ,then it will works. hopes are alive. and you will win your love of course. best of luck.
Amy

I surprised your checks are taking so long.... what checks are they carrying out? I didn't seem to need any further checks after the police certificates.
kki6 is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:43 am
  #62  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by kki6
Amy

I surprised your checks are taking so long.... what checks are they carrying out? I didn't seem to need any further checks after the police certificates.
background checks are completely different from the police clearances that we provide!! i am not too surprised that they r taking long becuz my application is still under new delhi's standard timeline i.e. 3 months! now that april has arrived; i am hopeful that i should have it really soon....
fingers crossed though....
amancharan is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:47 am
  #63  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 203
kki6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
background checks are completely different from the police clearances that we provide!! i am not too surprised that they r taking long becuz my application is still under new delhi's standard timeline i.e. 3 months! now that april has arrived; i am hopeful that i should have it really soon....
fingers crossed though....
Still not clear. Does everyone have to undergo these checks or is it carry out randomly? Just wondering as I didn't seem to need these checks
kki6 is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:47 am
  #64  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by kki6
Still not clear. Does everyone have to undergo these checks or is it carry out randomly? Just wondering as I didn't seem to need these checks
everyone has to undergo background checks!! fr some they are quick, but if u have lived in different countries, then it could be a bit long!
anyways, i am not too paranoid abt anything at the moment.. its still under standard timeline..
i hope i will get it soon
amancharan is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2005, 1:59 pm
  #65  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
everyone has to undergo background checks!! fr some they are quick, but if u have lived in different countries, then it could be a bit long!
anyways, i am not too paranoid abt anything at the moment.. its still under standard timeline..
i hope i will get it soon

I thought they did the RCMP and CSIS checks after the interview if you qualified for visa? We have no idea as of yet what the answer will be. I am hoping that if its a no visa answer my MP can help me.. He told me that he would see what he can do if we were rejected. I am worried about appealing if he is rejected since it will cost alot for the lawyer.

Anyways we are still waiting and still hopeful.

boyee
Boyee is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:26 pm
  #66  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Here we go...

Crumbs this is a really confusing thread.

Have I got it right:

Boyee is still married to someone else?
Boyee has children with husband?
Boyee is sponsoring her boyfriend from overseas?
Boyee has never met her boyfriend?
Boyee is 10 years older than her boyfriend?
Has boyfriend met Boyee's children?
Boyfriend has not been refused at interview but app. will be reviewed

Refused and Reviewed sound like similar words to me. I know everyone is telling you what you want to hear in that you will be successful but to be perfectly honest with you Boyee I think this looks bleak.

I hope you will be successful as you seem to think that this boyfriend is special even though you haven't met him - that is miraculous in itself. Wishing you the very best of luck and don't be too despondent, if he is refused then you can still go and live in the country where he resides, so you will be able to be together no matter what. Good luck
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:10 am
  #67  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Crumbs this is a really confusing thread.

Have I got it right:

Boyee is still married to someone else?
Boyee has children with husband?
Boyee is sponsoring her boyfriend from overseas?
Boyee has never met her boyfriend?
Boyee is 10 years older than her boyfriend?
Has boyfriend met Boyee's children?
Boyfriend has not been refused at interview but app. will be reviewed

Refused and Reviewed sound like similar words to me. I know everyone is telling you what you want to hear in that you will be successful but to be perfectly honest with you Boyee I think this looks bleak.

I hope you will be successful as you seem to think that this boyfriend is special even though you haven't met him - that is miraculous in itself. Wishing you the very best of luck and don't be too despondent, if he is refused then you can still go and live in the country where he resides, so you will be able to be together no matter what. Good luck
No I am not married.. I just dont have the divorce certificate yet. if I was married i wouldnt have been eligible to sponsor
YEs I have kids
No we have not met face to face but he tried to get a visitors visa and was refused. He is from India and its not as easy to get those things from that country. He has seen my kids on web cam.. and they have seen him they talk to each other and play games online. We do anything to make it feel like we are together. My kids really love him and he feels the same about them. He is not my boyfriend. We are more than that. We want to get married. Its hard for alot of people to understand but I explain it like this. During the second world war many women wrote to soldiers who were fighting. Having never seen each other, some would develope a love relationship that grew and when the war was over, found each other and got married. They only had pictures to share and what they felt in there hearts. Its like that. We were penpals first. Then it just developed into something that was much more than friendship.
Yes I am 10 years older. he is 29 and I am 39. We dont see the age difference as a problem. I am sure if it was the other way around he was older than me.. no one would even think it strange.

He was not refused. But since the officer was not convinced that we were having enough documented proof of our relationship he was about to refuse him. When he showed the accidental insurance policy to the officer that seemed to make him want to take another look. The officer said that he would review the application again and send him a letter with the an answer in 3 to 4 weeks. They also kept his passport.

The majority of people dont understand our relationship. Its hard to explain. but all we know is that we love each other and want to be married.
Boyee is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:28 am
  #68  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
No I am not married.. I just dont have the divorce certificate yet. if I was married i wouldnt have been eligible to sponsor
YEs I have kids
No we have not met face to face but he tried to get a visitors visa and was refused. He is from India and its not as easy to get those things from that country. He has seen my kids on web cam.. and they have seen him they talk to each other and play games online. We do anything to make it feel like we are together. My kids really love him and he feels the same about them. He is not my boyfriend. We are more than that. We want to get married. Its hard for alot of people to understand but I explain it like this. During the second world war many women wrote to soldiers who were fighting. Having never seen each other, some would develope a love relationship that grew and when the war was over, found each other and got married. They only had pictures to share and what they felt in there hearts. Its like that. We were penpals first. Then it just developed into something that was much more than friendship.
Yes I am 10 years older. he is 29 and I am 39. We dont see the age difference as a problem. I am sure if it was the other way around he was older than me.. no one would even think it strange.

He was not refused. But since the officer was not convinced that we were having enough documented proof of our relationship he was about to refuse him. When he showed the accidental insurance policy to the officer that seemed to make him want to take another look. The officer said that he would review the application again and send him a letter with the an answer in 3 to 4 weeks. They also kept his passport.

The majority of people dont understand our relationship. Its hard to explain. but all we know is that we love each other and want to be married.
Oh please don't misunderstand me - love develops from the most unusual sources sometimes, I know that. I didn't mean to sound unkind, I was purely looking at the facts and knowing how strict CIC can be, just thought that I can see it from their point of view. They only deal in facts and I don't think emotions are particularly high on their list of priorities.

By the way, there is a 17 year age difference between me and my husband, so I agree with you on the age-difference issue.

I wish everyone well in this long, slow process and as I said in my previous post, all is not lost for you being together even if he is rejected. Love can conquer all!

Good luck.
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:45 am
  #69  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Oh please don't misunderstand me - love develops from the most unusual sources sometimes, I know that. I didn't mean to sound unkind, I was purely looking at the facts and knowing how strict CIC can be, just thought that I can see it from their point of view. They only deal in facts and I don't think emotions are particularly high on their list of priorities.

By the way, there is a 17 year age difference between me and my husband, so I agree with you on the age-difference issue.

I wish everyone well in this long, slow process and as I said in my previous post, all is not lost for you being together even if he is rejected. Love can conquer all!

Good luck.
I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh. It was not my intentions. I guess sometimes I feel that we have to defend our relationship and even though most questions are well intended and others just want to understand the situation, while others cast a doubtful eye that anything could develope over so many miles away. I have had to explain this to my own family. I must say 4 years ago if someone would have told me that I would be inlove with a man from India and be going through the rigors of trying to be together and the immigration thing, I would have told them that they were absolutely nuts. But here I am .. Feeling something that I have never experienced before in my life and knowing for the first time in my life that I have found my soulmate. You know what is special about a relationship like this. Its not based on the physical. We have built and emotional and loving relationship without the physical side of a relationship. For us that is great. We only want the physical after we are married.

Again I am sorry if I made you feel I was scolding you. That is not the case.

boyee
Boyee is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:46 am
  #70  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh. It was not my intentions. I guess sometimes I feel that we have to defend our relationship and even though most questions are well intended and others just want to understand the situation, while others cast a doubtful eye that anything could develope over so many miles away. I have had to explain this to my own family. I must say 4 years ago if someone would have told me that I would be inlove with a man from India and be going through the rigors of trying to be together and the immigration thing, I would have told them that they were absolutely nuts. But here I am .. Feeling something that I have never experienced before in my life and knowing for the first time in my life that I have found my soulmate. You know what is special about a relationship like this. Its not based on the physical. We have built and emotional and loving relationship without the physical side of a relationship. For us that is great. We only want the physical after we are married.

Again I am sorry if I made you feel I was scolding you. That is not the case.

boyee
Absolutely no apology necessary Boyee, after all it was me who jumped into your thread LOL!! It should be me apologising for wording my post tactlessly - this was not my intention, I was just trying to lay it out clearly in my own head really.

Good luck.
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:46 am
  #71  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh. It was not my intentions. I guess sometimes I feel that we have to defend our relationship and even though most questions are well intended and others just want to understand the situation, while others cast a doubtful eye that anything could develope over so many miles away. I have had to explain this to my own family. I must say 4 years ago if someone would have told me that I would be inlove with a man from India and be going through the rigors of trying to be together and the immigration thing, I would have told them that they were absolutely nuts. But here I am .. Feeling something that I have never experienced before in my life and knowing for the first time in my life that I have found my soulmate. You know what is special about a relationship like this. Its not based on the physical. We have built and emotional and loving relationship without the physical side of a relationship. For us that is great. We only want the physical after we are married.

Again I am sorry if I made you feel I was scolding you. That is not the case.

boyee
Hi Boyee..You are so correct in your words here...No one really knows how you are feeling..That strong connection with another person,and really you did not even have to meet eye to eye in person to get this wonderful love feeling that you have with each other...Let me just say,,when you do meet eye to eye with your guy..It will all be worth it,that unbelievable feeling when you look directly into the other's eyes,it is like nothing one can ever decribe...I laughed when i red your words here,,you sound so much like myself,,I have told many persons a similar thing..That if they would of told me 5 years ago,,that i would be going to India,,and getting married,,then they surely had a fever,,and was not feeling so well in the head..lol..Isn't it funny how one's life can take a turn in a direction that they never in thier life thought possable to take..True love will always lead you on the correct path..Sometimes that path has many stones to move...If the love is true,,you will be able to move them,,it may take a bit of time to move everyone,,but were there is a will,,there also is a way...I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...I hope and pray you will soon hear something posative....Gardengirl
gardengirl is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:01 pm
  #72  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Hi Boyee..You are so correct in your words here...No one really knows how you are feeling..That strong connection with another person,and really you did not even have to meet eye to eye in person to get this wonderful love feeling that you have with each other...Let me just say,,when you do meet eye to eye with your guy..It will all be worth it,that unbelievable feeling when you look directly into the other's eyes,it is like nothing one can ever decribe...I laughed when i red your words here,,you sound so much like myself,,I have told many persons a similar thing..That if they would of told me 5 years ago,,that i would be going to India,,and getting married,,then they surely had a fever,,and was not feeling so well in the head..lol..Isn't it funny how one's life can take a turn in a direction that they never in thier life thought possable to take..True love will always lead you on the correct path..Sometimes that path has many stones to move...If the love is true,,you will be able to move them,,it may take a bit of time to move everyone,,but were there is a will,,there also is a way...I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...I hope and pray you will soon hear something posative....Gardengirl
Hi gardengirl.. We have talked about what it will feel like to see each other face to face. When I see him on the web cam and hear his voice, I feel so happy and so secure. Its like there are no miles between us. No visa required to hear his voice or see his face. When I look in his eyes I feel my breathe taken from me. I can only imagine what it willl be like to see him get off a plane and see him without a monitor. That first glimpse will be burned in my memory for as long I breathe.

We are trying to be very positive. I knew you would certainly understand

boyee
Boyee is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:20 am
  #73  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4
peek is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Here we go...

hi, boyee
i read all about. ans i have very few words. don't warry every thing will be good. and you have very long life with your husband. when you wll meet you husband then you feel top of the world. and it will happen soon.just belive in god he has some thing special about you and your husband & for your kids.
best of luck
peek is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:38 am
  #74  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
Hi gardengirl.. We have talked about what it will feel like to see each other face to face. When I see him on the web cam and hear his voice, I feel so happy and so secure. Its like there are no miles between us. No visa required to hear his voice or see his face. When I look in his eyes I feel my breathe taken from me. I can only imagine what it willl be like to see him get off a plane and see him without a monitor. That first glimpse will be burned in my memory for as long I breathe.

We are trying to be very positive. I knew you would certainly understand

boyee
I completely understand where u are coming from boyee.... when i first saw my wife in England (she came to see me there), i couldnt beleive it at the first time.. though i saw her within 5 months of our relation starting, it still was kinda unexplainable urs is almost 2 years; right?
i beleive u will feel out of this world when u see him face to face.. its that kinda feeling
I am so positive for u guys.. i am eagerly awaiting something concrete from ur side, along with the wait for my passport. i hope u will hear good news soon....
amancharan is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:28 am
  #75  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
I completely understand where u are coming from boyee.... when i first saw my wife in England (she came to see me there), i couldnt beleive it at the first time.. though i saw her within 5 months of our relation starting, it still was kinda unexplainable urs is almost 2 years; right?
i beleive u will feel out of this world when u see him face to face.. its that kinda feeling
I am so positive for u guys.. i am eagerly awaiting something concrete from ur side, along with the wait for my passport. i hope u will hear good news soon....
Yes its been two years. I am praying so hard that what we have been dreaming of all this time will soon be a reality. Thank you so much for your positive attitude. We are into week number 2we will have one to 2 more weeks to go to get our answer. We are excited and scared all at once. In a way not knowing is better, since you can convince yourself that there is still a chance of getting a yes. I know there is all this fraud and so on over documents and education. But why does it have to be this hard. I guess I should be very very happy, since we didnt get the treatment that gardengirls husband receiven Beau was treated very well and the officer even laughed when beau told them how he gave me the name boyee. Beau did alot of talking and the officer didnt ask alot of questions. But I think the officer liked beau. i think that he saw that beau was a good guy and felt some what sympathetic towards Beau. He said that he didnt think he could issue beau a PR visa, and then Beau gave him the insurance policy. That made him want to take another look at our application. My parents tell us to relax and not worry. They feel that beau will get a pr visa. As a matter of fact they are asbolutely sure. My mother says that she has not one tiny doubt. I hope and pray that she is right

boyee
Boyee is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.