Here we go...

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
I know wat u mean; i can try and give her a hint when i talk to her on phone! it was an arranged marraige and they have the phone-bills and posted letters; but not much becuz they met each other just before marriage! so, we cant expect them to have extensive collection of letters and phone-bills!! so do the visa oficers! arranged marriages are a norm in India and this is not a worrying factor at all fr me! they are married fr the first time and their families fixed up the match! the validity of marriage on social grounds is not the concern; the legality is!!
thats wat i am worried abt the most! i will try and tell her indirectly abt this, but i really dont want to dash her hopes before even trying at the interview. hopefully, i would be able to get it out of her ears that they can ask abt this!!!! that would probably make me satisfied that i did try....

Yes...good idea that you give her some kind of hint in his,,I mean really maybe everything will be ok....The problem with the date of birth hopefully wiill not be a big issue,,,sometimes if ones personal laws in India allow this age of 20 to get married,,then it might be ok with the officer..But the problem here is that your father in law forged the certificate,,which will not look so good if they compare the 2 items,,birth certificate,,and marriage certificate..The personal laws might be a idea for this lady to be aware of in this issue...It might just allow this age of 20 to be married...Check that out...
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:13 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Yes...good idea that you give her some kind of hint in his,,I mean really maybe everything will be ok....The problem with the date of birth hopefully wiill not be a big issue,,,sometimes if ones personal laws in India allow this age of 20 to get married,,then it might be ok with the officer..But the problem here is that your father in law forged the certificate,,which will not look so good if they compare the 2 items,,birth certificate,,and marriage certificate..The personal laws might be a idea for this lady to be aware of in this issue...It might just allow this age of 20 to be married...Check that out...
when they got married, he wasnt even 20!!!! i mean he was abt to be 20; he was like 19 years and 9 months or so!! so, they would consider the time of marriage, not the time which is now!! and, i duno abt canada, but 19 years is somewat a young age to be married!!
anyhow; i will give her a hint; rest we'll have to wait and watch how her interview goes!! fingers crossed
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point

when they got married, he wasnt even 20!!!! i mean he was abt to be 20; he was like 19 years and 9 months or so!! so, they would consider the time of marriage, not the time which is now!! and, i duno abt canada, but 19 years is somewat a young age to be married!!
anyhow; i will give her a hint; rest we'll have to wait and watch how her interview goes!! fingers crossed

good luck to your sister in law...Please keep us posted here how the outcome of it all goes...I will keep my fingers crossed for her in this..Have a nice day there Amy,,nice to talk to you again....Bye for now..Gardengirl
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gardengirl
good luck to your sister in law...Please keep us posted here how the outcome of it all goes...I will keep my fingers crossed for her in this..Have a nice day there Amy,,nice to talk to you again....Bye for now..Gardengirl
You know this is very sad.. how can you prove that your affairs are combined to the best of your ability if you cant even get a joint bank account because he was refused for a visa and now .. looks like the PR visa might also be another dashed dream. What proof is proof enough to satisfy? My lawyer wrote a letter stating that we were waiting for the judges signature on the divorce documents but somehow I dont think that will be good enough for the officer. What else can I do? I hope your sister inlaw has better luck. Nishant told me that one girl came from the interview chambers crying.. He doesnt know if it was tears of joy or sadness..
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:02 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boyee
You know this is very sad.. how can you prove that your affairs are combined to the best of your ability if you cant even get a joint bank account because he was refused for a visa and now .. looks like the PR visa might also be another dashed dream. What proof is proof enough to satisfy? My lawyer wrote a letter stating that we were waiting for the judges signature on the divorce documents but somehow I dont think that will be good enough for the officer. What else can I do? I hope your sister inlaw has better luck. Nishant told me that one girl came from the interview chambers crying.. He doesnt know if it was tears of joy or sadness..
so, did u finally get the divorce certificate?? if u did, i think u would have faxed it immediately!
wat did the lawyer say anyhow??
tell me more abt ur meeting with the lawyer!!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

so, did u finally get the divorce certificate?? if u did, i think u would have faxed it immediately!
wat did the lawyer say anyhow??
tell me more abt ur meeting with the lawyer!!
it will be april before I get the certificate, we are waiting for the judge to sign the papers and then the certificate can be ordered. So I am no further ahead.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

it will be april before I get the certificate, we are waiting for the judge to sign the papers and then the certificate can be ordered. So I am no further ahead.
The letter from your lawyer about the divorce should be helpful. you might also want to state that you expect to have the signed divorce papers in April. I think you need to send all this information (letter from lawyers, letter from bank on not been able to open up a joint account) to New Delhi before the visa officer finalises his/her decision.

Like others having been saying, there is still some light at the end of the tunnel. Lets hope all goes well.

You haven't seem to be able to address the concerns of the visa officer regarding your kids. What were his/her concerns??
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kki6
The letter from your lawyer about the divorce should be helpful. you might also want to state that you expect to have the signed divorce papers in April. I think you need to send all this information (letter from lawyers, letter from bank on not been able to open up a joint account) to New Delhi before the visa officer finalises his/her decision.

Like others having been saying, there is still some light at the end of the tunnel. Lets hope all goes well.

You haven't seem to be able to address the concerns of the visa officer regarding your kids. What were his/her concerns??
We dont even understand the concerns of my kids.. From what we understand its the fact I have kids thats the problem. He officer gave no reason as to why it would cause a problem at all..
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

We dont even understand the concerns of my kids.. From what we understand its the fact I have kids thats the problem. He officer gave no reason as to why it would cause a problem at all..
concerning the divorce.. I was told by my lawyer that the divorce would be grated by the end of this month.. so that is what he told the officer, so if I send this letter saying that the divorce was filed on Jan 19, 2005 and will be final on or before the end of april I think it will damage us greatly. They will think I divorced my ex just to marry my guy and that will work against us not for us.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

concerning the divorce.. I was told by my lawyer that the divorce would be grated by the end of this month.. so that is what he told the officer, so if I send this letter saying that the divorce was filed on Jan 19, 2005 and will be final on or before the end of april I think it will damage us greatly. They will think I divorced my ex just to marry my guy and that will work against us not for us.
I wonder how one can get the reason for the concerns on the kids from the visa officer. Surely he can't be saying that having kids is a barrier to going inot another marriage!! On the issue of the divorce papers, is that not somehting you'd have addressed in the application? I was just wondering if the fact that you are going to have your divorce finalised very soon will be helpful as the visa officer earlier rised this as an area of concern? Am i correct in that assertion?
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kki6
I wonder how one can get the reason for the concerns on the kids from the visa officer. Surely he can't be saying that having kids is a barrier to going inot another marriage!! On the issue of the divorce papers, is that not somehting you'd have addressed in the application? I was just wondering if the fact that you are going to have your divorce finalised very soon will be helpful as the visa officer earlier rised this as an area of concern? Am i correct in that assertion?
the officer said that since I was not completely divorced I didnt have the rights to be in any relationship. I was separated for years.. But what I have come to learn is that there were alot of delays in getting things going. My lawyer doesnt seem to be the fastest or the most efficient. In my application I sent a statement of account which said that I retained my lawyer for the purpose of divorce and gave the dates. I had talked to her several times asking her when all this matter would be finalized. This was before I mailed off the application. She assured me that by the end of Feb it would be done. I didnt know that the divorce was only filed on Jan 19, 05 I was under the impression is was done back in the fall of 2004. In my application I wrote that I didnt have a separation agreement since we had everything settled and were going through an afridavit divorce. I had wrote that it would be finalized by the end of march 2005 at the very latest. Now its on or before the end of April. I am sure there will be huge problems over that. Or am I just crazy?LOL
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:12 am

the officer said that since I was not completely divorced I didnt have the rights to be in any relationship. I was separated for years.. But what I have come to learn is that there were alot of delays in getting things going. My lawyer doesnt seem to be the fastest or the most efficient. In my application I sent a statement of account which said that I retained my lawyer for the purpose of divorce and gave the dates. I had talked to her several times asking her when all this matter would be finalized. This was before I mailed off the application. She assured me that by the end of Feb it would be done. I didnt know that the divorce was only filed on Jan 19, 05 I was under the impression is was done back in the fall of 2004. In my application I wrote that I didnt have a separation agreement since we had everything settled and were going through an afridavit divorce. I had wrote that it would be finalized by the end of march 2005 at the very latest. Now its on or before the end of April. I am sure there will be huge problems over that. Or am I just crazy?LOL
I think u just do the needful; i mean whatever u can! just get the divorce certificate and send it off! becuz the visa officer was allegating on the divorce basis; so just do as they asked u to! leave the rest to God! if u have to succeed, it would be fine; otherwise, u can always a appeal the decision.
hope u succeed in whatever u do....
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:11 am

I think u just do the needful; i mean whatever u can! just get the divorce certificate and send it off! becuz the visa officer was allegating on the divorce basis; so just do as they asked u to! leave the rest to God! if u have to succeed, it would be fine; otherwise, u can always a appeal the decision.
hope u succeed in whatever u do....
any new happenings on ur case boyee??
so, did u fax the things over to new delhi?? are u getting any positive things out yet?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

any new happenings on ur case boyee??
so, did u fax the things over to new delhi?? are u getting any positive things out yet?
I faxed off the papers to New Delhi. I even faxed a copy of my sponsorship letter. The officer said that I was ineligible to sponsor beau, but I thought I would fax off a copy anyway. Beau is now home and he said that the interview went very well he said the officer was nice. The insurance policy is what stopped the rejection. I maybe hoping against hope, but I have a good feeling about it. I could be very wrong. But after Beau showed him the policy he said that they would review his file again and then send him an answer. So atleast he was not rejected at the interview. They are atleast going to reconsider. The answer still might be no, but we still have a chance even if it is slim.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:49 am

I faxed off the papers to New Delhi. I even faxed a copy of my sponsorship letter. The officer said that I was ineligible to sponsor beau, but I thought I would fax off a copy anyway. Beau is now home and he said that the interview went very well he said the officer was nice. The insurance policy is what stopped the rejection. I maybe hoping against hope, but I have a good feeling about it. I could be very wrong. But after Beau showed him the policy he said that they would review his file again and then send him an answer. So atleast he was not rejected at the interview. They are atleast going to reconsider. The answer still might be no, but we still have a chance even if it is slim.
i think that u have a chance still!! so just dont worry! just give it another 3-4 weeks to get an answer!!
wat did u fax anyways - just the divorce certificate and ur sponsorship approval?
hope it will go well!!
best of luck again..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.