Here we go...

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:22 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
I think u will just need a divorce certificate to prove that u are divorced!! that was the allegation that the visa officer first made; right?
the other things i dont think would count that much if u provide them with the divorce certificate! I dont know why they put the age difference as an allegation?? I mean who cares abt age, once u fall in love?? anyways, I have seen that New Delhi visa post is biased like that! they shouldnt be, but that how it is!
I hope u find the solution soon and get everything fixed! u have to act quick though; becuz things are still under control....
did u get an advice frm ur lawyer??
I see my lawyer in an hour or so.. let you know when I return.
Boyee is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:32 am
  #17  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
I see my lawyer in an hour or so.. let you know when I return.
I went to the bank this morning thinking I must be crazy.. I thought I know they told me that we can not have a joint bank account unless he is physically here in canada. But the officer said that we dont even have a joint bank account as proof of having a relationship. Now the officer must know that no one can open an account in canada with out showing some sort of id and being there in person to open the account. The woman at the bank was shocked that the immigration officer seemed to no know that you have to apply in person for an account. So now I am trying to get a letter from the bank stating that we cant get a joint account unless he is physically present to do the application. This is getting crazy..
Boyee is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:44 am
  #18  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
I went to the bank this morning thinking I must be crazy.. I thought I know they told me that we can not have a joint bank account unless he is physically here in canada. But the officer said that we dont even have a joint bank account as proof of having a relationship. Now the officer must know that no one can open an account in canada with out showing some sort of id and being there in person to open the account. The woman at the bank was shocked that the immigration officer seemed to no know that you have to apply in person for an account. So now I am trying to get a letter from the bank stating that we cant get a joint account unless he is physically present to do the application. This is getting crazy..
These visa officers can be really stupid sometimes when it comes to giving decisions! once they have their mind set, they will not listen to anyone!
anyhow, it seems to be a good idea that u get a letter frm the bank stating that the account cannot be opened becuz he is not physically present in canada! send it quickly, after discussion with ur lawyer, i guess!
u have a ray of hope and i see it becoming a full-lit sunshine!
amancharan is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:46 am
  #19  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
These visa officers can be really stupid sometimes when it comes to giving decisions! once they have their mind set, they will not listen to anyone!
anyhow, it seems to be a good idea that u get a letter frm the bank stating that the account cannot be opened becuz he is not physically present in canada! send it quickly, after discussion with ur lawyer, i guess!
u have a ray of hope and i see it becoming a full-lit sunshine!

You are most encouraging.. thank you so much.
Boyee is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:53 am
  #20  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
You are most encouraging.. thank you so much.
thanks!
but can u tell how long the interview lasted fr?
remember, once gardengirl raised the issue of peole not getting the eye colour form and a request fr 2 pics? now, I have my sis-in-law's interview in delhi on the 6th April and she didnt get any forms or a pics request!
she had an arranged marriage thingy with my bro-in-law and its her interview now! i am kinda scared that she might get in trouble too! she is 25, while my bro-in-law is 20!
do u think it would affect that she didnt get any form or a pic request??
amancharan is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:53 am
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
You are most encouraging.. thank you so much.


Hi ...OO i am so happy that i have been just reading your post there...Still you may have a chance for this...Keep thinking what you can do...About the bank account,,,i will tell you one thing that i have done in the last month..This might give you a idea..I have been dealing with my credit union...This is what i did,,I have bought term deposits for each of my stepchildren,,,they have my name on them,,and also my step childrens name on them,,,it is like a savings account...Is there someway you can do that at yur bank??...If you have rrsps,,,put your guys name down for benificery...Think of anything at this point,,,You still have a small chance,,so keep thinking...What you can do to joint your things together...
gardengirl is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:00 am
  #22  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 130
Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Hi ...OO i am so happy that i have been just reading your post there...Still you may have a chance for this...Keep thinking what you can do...About the bank account,,,i will tell you one thing that i have done in the last month..This might give you a idea..I have been dealing with my credit union...This is what i did,,I have bought term deposits for each of my stepchildren,,,they have my name on them,,and also my step childrens name on them,,,it is like a savings account...Is there someway you can do that at yur bank??...If you have rrsps,,,put your guys name down for benificery...Think of anything at this point,,,You still have a small chance,,so keep thinking...What you can do to joint your things together...
His interview lasted 25 30 mintues. they didnt ask him eye color or for any pictures. He said his interviewer was very nice. I am still baffeled as to why my kids are a problem. I really dont know why..
I dont have any rrsps.. I only had an insurance policy which named both of us as beneficiary to each other. Thats all. He has access to my account online and I have access to his account online but that is all we can do. I dont have alot of time, since I think they are reveiwing his file tomorrow.. so I have to get what I can today and fax it off tonight.
Boyee is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:01 am
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
thanks!
but can u tell how long the interview lasted fr?
remember, once gardengirl raised the issue of peole not getting the eye colour form and a request fr 2 pics? now, I have my sis-in-law's interview in delhi on the 6th April and she didnt get any forms or a pics request!
she had an arranged marriage thingy with my bro-in-law and its her interview now! i am kinda scared that she might get in trouble too! she is 25, while my bro-in-law is 20!
do u think it would affect that she didnt get any form or a pic request??

hi..How are you today..I was just posting to boyee,,when i see your post..Your sister in law,,,and your brother in law.....Is this 2 different mariages,,,or is one of them your sister,,or your brother....I sure hope all works out for them,,,So this lady did not get any request for these extra things..Really it makes a person wonder what kind of procedures are going at the New Delhi office..I sure hope it all goes ok for them...
gardengirl is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:05 am
  #24  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by Boyee
His interview lasted 25 30 mintues. they didnt ask him eye color or for any pictures. He said his interviewer was very nice. I am still baffeled as to why my kids are a problem. I really dont know why..
I dont have any rrsps.. I only had an insurance policy which named both of us as beneficiary to each other. Thats all. He has access to my account online and I have access to his account online but that is all we can do. I dont have alot of time, since I think they are reveiwing his file tomorrow.. so I have to get what I can today and fax it off tonight.
i think thats wat u could do!! fax off whatever u can gather and then wait and see!! thats the thing to be done!
if everything goes fine (wat i think should), u will be releived; otherwise, i think u should appeal the decision starighaway! u will get a fair hearing in appeals!!
amancharan is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:15 am
  #25  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by gardengirl
hi..How are you today..I was just posting to boyee,,when i see your post..Your sister in law,,,and your brother in law.....Is this 2 different mariages,,,or is one of them your sister,,or your brother....I sure hope all works out for them,,,So this lady did not get any request for these extra things..Really it makes a person wonder what kind of procedures are going at the New Delhi office..I sure hope it all goes ok for them...
i know new delhi procedures are really weird!! and this guy is my brother-in-law and his wife (obviously my sis-in-law), is having an interview!
she didnt get any pics request or an eye colour form!! i know one thing fr sure - if a person does does not get these two requests upfront, then there is an obvious delay!! but wat i am worried abt is that she is 25 and my bro-in-law is 20; and a marriage to be valid in India, a guy must be 21 or more. My father-in-law somehow forged the marriage certificate, but that would not solve the purpose! they have my bro-in-law's passport photocopy, which would state his date of birth.... so, this is kinda freaky!!!!
i know the CIC people are not stupid and would definitely look at his age!! wat i am worried abt is, is this non request of such things a sign of an impending delay or refusal?? also, in her interview letter, it states that my bro-in-law should be on phone as he can get a call! wat is different here is that nothing like that was mentioned in my interview letter!!
i duno; just worried abt her at the moment!!
do u think, gardengirl, that these requests of 2 pics and an eye colour form, some sign of a person getting it! it is true fr me becuz i got them and i got through the interview as well!! do u know anyone(apart frm urself and boyee), who didnt get the requests and failed the interview??
pls reply
amancharan is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:26 am
  #26  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
i know new delhi procedures are really weird!! and this guy is my brother-in-law and his wife (obviously my sis-in-law), is having an interview!
she didnt get any pics request or an eye colour form!! i know one thing fr sure - if a person does does not get these two requests upfront, then there is an obvious delay!! but wat i am worried abt is that she is 25 and my bro-in-law is 20; and a marriage to be valid in India, a guy must be 21 or more. My father-in-law somehow forged the marriage certificate, but that would not solve the purpose! they have my bro-in-law's passport photocopy, which would state his date of birth.... so, this is kinda freaky!!!!
i know the CIC people are not stupid and would definitely look at his age!! wat i am worried abt is, is this non request of such things a sign of an impending delay or refusal?? also, in her interview letter, it states that my bro-in-law should be on phone as he can get a call! wat is different here is that nothing like that was mentioned in my interview letter!!
i duno; just worried abt her at the moment!!
do u think, gardengirl, that these requests of 2 pics and an eye colour form, some sign of a person getting it! it is true fr me becuz i got them and i got through the interview as well!! do u know anyone(apart frm urself and boyee), who didnt get the requests and failed the interview??
pls reply
Hi amy...All i can tell you is this..I have talked to mostly people who had gotten their visa's from New delhi...And all of these people have gotten that request for the 2 potos,and that form to fill out for the eye color and height when they got the request for the passports..Some of theses people have gotten also a interview wavior after sending there passport,and also that extra information in.As you know,,it is hard to get any person who has been refused on these immigration forums..But the interview letter that my husband got,was also the same ,,that i had to be avaiable at home,,because i might also get a phone call at the time my husband was being interviewed..Like i told you in one other post,,,how come new delhi does not want these photos from everyone,,and extra information,,I mean if there is a refusal,,all they have to do is throw them in the garbage bin,,it does not cost them anything to request this extra information...How come that part of the procedure seems different in some cases,,does not make any sence to me...
gardengirl is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:38 am
  #27  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Hi amy...All i can tell you is this..I have talked to mostly people who had gotten their visa's from New delhi...And all of these people have gotten that request for the 2 potos,and that form to fill out for the eye color and height when they got the request for the passports..Some of theses people have gotten also a interview wavior after sending there passport,and also that extra information in.As you know,,it is hard to get any person who has been refused on these immigration forums..But the interview letter that my husband got,was also the same ,,that i had to be avaiable at home,,because i might also get a phone call at the time my husband was being interviewed..Like i told you in one other post,,,how come new delhi does not want these photos from everyone,,and extra information,,I mean if there is a refusal,,all they have to do is throw them in the garbage bin,,it does not cost them anything to request this extra information...How come that part of the procedure seems different in some cases,,does not make any sence to me...
so, ur husband also got a letter asking u to stay home when he is being interviewed?? thats wat is baffling!! i didnt get anything written like that on my interview letter that i got! probably thats why i got through the interview??
so, one thing is sure - the people who get such stuff written in their interview letters are also subject to the doubt of the immigration authorities! also, these forms and photo request thing is also a kinda proof that either ur case is gonna get delayed or refused!!
i am most worried becuz of the marriage valid thingy!! i wonder if they would check his DoB and consider the marriage invalid?? poor girl; i am so worried fr her!!
wat i re-collect, i think ur marriage was also questioned by the visa officer?? do u think they will check his DoB and render the marriage invalid?? the reason i am asking u this is becuz otherwise their marriage seems to be starightforward!! why she has been not asked fr that info and also these lines in the interview letter; they kinda make me worry if they would have checked the DoB and are just gonna refuse her!!!!
i am in a stalemate right now!! cant say anything to her before becuz it would crash her hopes otherwise!!
amancharan is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
  #28  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
i know new delhi procedures are really weird!! and this guy is my brother-in-law and his wife (obviously my sis-in-law), is having an interview!
she didnt get any pics request or an eye colour form!! i know one thing fr sure - if a person does does not get these two requests upfront, then there is an obvious delay!! but wat i am worried abt is that she is 25 and my bro-in-law is 20; and a marriage to be valid in India, a guy must be 21 or more. My father-in-law somehow forged the marriage certificate, but that would not solve the purpose! they have my bro-in-law's passport photocopy, which would state his date of birth.... so, this is kinda freaky!!!!
i know the CIC people are not stupid and would definitely look at his age!! wat i am worried abt is, is this non request of such things a sign of an impending delay or refusal?? also, in her interview letter, it states that my bro-in-law should be on phone as he can get a call! wat is different here is that nothing like that was mentioned in my interview letter!!
i duno; just worried abt her at the moment!!
do u think, gardengirl, that these requests of 2 pics and an eye colour form, some sign of a person getting it! it is true fr me becuz i got them and i got through the interview as well!! do u know anyone(apart frm urself and boyee), who didnt get the requests and failed the interview??
pls reply

Amy...on that other immigration forum,,that i had sent you a message to,,,there was one man from Canada,,he had been here for 15 years,,and he sponsored his wife from India,,and she had been refused from that New delhi offic last year..His marriage was an arranged marriege..He won his appeal just in Nov 2004,,,and he is now waiting for his wife to get threw this last part of her new medicals and such from the new delhi office..I had tryed to ask him this same question,,if his wife at the time before her interview been requested these extra items,,But he seemed kind a little different,,and not give that information i wanted,..If you look at those posts,,maybe you will get a idea who this man ,,and try to ask him this in someway...I stopped posting to him...
gardengirl is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:50 am
  #29  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by amancharan
so, ur husband also got a letter asking u to stay home when he is being interviewed?? thats wat is baffling!! i didnt get anything written like that on my interview letter that i got! probably thats why i got through the interview??
so, one thing is sure - the people who get such stuff written in their interview letters are also subject to the doubt of the immigration authorities! also, these forms and photo request thing is also a kinda proof that either ur case is gonna get delayed or refused!!
i am most worried becuz of the marriage valid thingy!! i wonder if they would check his DoB and consider the marriage invalid?? poor girl; i am so worried fr her!!
wat i re-collect, i think ur marriage was also questioned by the visa officer?? do u think they will check his DoB and render the marriage invalid?? the reason i am asking u this is becuz otherwise their marriage seems to be starightforward!! why she has been not asked fr that info and also these lines in the interview letter; they kinda make me worry if they would have checked the DoB and are just gonna refuse her!!!!
i am in a stalemate right now!! cant say anything to her before becuz it would crash her hopes otherwise!!

Any,,,you should not say anything to her straight,,But worn her in some way of what could possable happen in a interview..I mean i know you have gotten threw easyyurself,,,but do not let that fool you..You say this was a arranged marriage,,,does this couple have very much proof of thier realationship..like emails,,postal letters,,proof of phone calles,,,like that kind of thing...Make sure she is aware that this date of birth could be a issue for her,,,do not let her go into this interview with blinders on...
gardengirl is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:58 am
  #30  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go...

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Any,,,you should not say anything to her straight,,But worn her in some way of what could possable happen in a interview..I mean i know you have gotten threw easyyurself,,,but do not let that fool you..You say this was a arranged marriage,,,does this couple have very much proof of thier realationship..like emails,,postal letters,,proof of phone calles,,,like that kind of thing...Make sure she is aware that this date of birth could be a issue for her,,,do not let her go into this interview with blinders on...
I know wat u mean; i can try and give her a hint when i talk to her on phone! it was an arranged marraige and they have the phone-bills and posted letters; but not much becuz they met each other just before marriage! so, we cant expect them to have extensive collection of letters and phone-bills!! so do the visa oficers! arranged marriages are a norm in India and this is not a worrying factor at all fr me! they are married fr the first time and their families fixed up the match! the validity of marriage on social grounds is not the concern; the legality is!!
thats wat i am worried abt the most! i will try and tell her indirectly abt this, but i really dont want to dash her hopes before even trying at the interview. hopefully, i would be able to get it out of her ears that they can ask abt this!!!! that would probably make me satisfied that i did try....
amancharan is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.