Here goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

parkerfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great site, great forum, been watching for a couple of months now and we have decided to go for it. Still gathering documents together and hope to apply in the next month.ANY tips before applying would be greatly appreciated.Going for for the skilled workers route.I'm a bricklayer my wife is a accountant(CIMA)and speaks good amount of french and fluent german.1 lad of 11 years old.Looking to live anywhere except quebec, ideally nova scotia, plan a couple of visits when applied.Hope for residency before son reaches 18.sure to let you know as we progress..

Last edited by parkerfamily; Apr 22nd 2005 at 3:25 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:28 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by parkerfamily
great site, great forum, been watching for a couple of months now and we have decided to go for it. Still gathering documents together and hope to apply in the next month.ANY tips before applying would be greatly appreciated.Going for for the skilled workers route.I'm a bricklayer my wife is a accountant(CIMA)and speaks good amount of french and fluent german.1 lad of 11 years old.Looking to live anywhere except quebec, ideally nova scotia, plan a couple of visits when applied.Hope for residency before son reaches 18.sure to let you know as we progress..
Hi "Parker Family" - welcome to the site. If you have any specific questions about your application be sure to post them here and I'm sure that you will get plenty of help!

Jen
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hello and welcome to the Forum.
Only tip i can offer is an obvious one. Just check and double check everything before you send it all in. everything is signed where it needs to be and all required documents are enclosed.
I have downloaded a check list form off the CIC site. We are using it to prepare our application.

Good Luck and many here are going through the process or just got through. Plus we are fortunate to have a couple of experts who visit this site *S*
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Just check and double check everything before you send it all in. everything is signed where it needs to be and all required documents are enclosed.
Also, remember to put 'n/a' for any questions you don't answer because they're not applicable. I missed that in the notes for filling in the forms and left a couple of spaces blank, but got away with it: some people have said that their application was returned to them at the initial AoR check for leaving answers blank.

The annoying thing was that someone mentioned it to me the day _after_ I'd sent the application off, so I had to wait six weeks to find out whether the AoR card came back or the complete application...

Last edited by MarkG; Apr 22nd 2005 at 3:59 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:12 pm
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

Hi Parker Family

Definately recommend Nova Scotia. Landed a couple of weeks ago and loving every minute of it. Blue Skies nearly every day!!

My kids have settled straight away, two girls 8 and 12. The youngest started Brownies last week which is run by UKJo, another Expats surfer.

We're in Lawrencetown, which is about 15kms east along the shore line from Dartmouth. 15 minutes to the beach, 7 minutes to the shops!!

Definately worth the visit, get the "immigration bug" and go for it.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: unsure????????

thanks for tip mark will remember that. Just had a call from a employment consultant that I registered with jobsearch-in-canada.com.They a sure they can get me through the province nominee program with my trade as a bricklayer.They said no fee upfront but pay when they found me a job,with this we will be fast tracked through the system in about 4-6months.Anyone gone through this route or do I beware of companys like this?

thanks all
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkG
Also, remember to put 'n/a' for any questions you don't answer because they're not applicable. I missed that in the notes for filling in the forms and left a couple of spaces blank, but got away with it: some people have said that their application was returned to them at the initial AoR check for leaving answers blank.

The annoying thing was that someone mentioned it to me the day _after_ I'd sent the application off, so I had to wait six weeks to find out whether the AoR card came back or the complete application...
Great Tip* thanks i will take note of that too...
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:45 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: unsure????????

thanks for tip mark will remember that. Just had a call from a employment consultant that I registered with jobsearch-in-canada.com.They a sure they can get me through the province nominee program with my trade as a bricklayer.They said no fee upfront but pay when they found me a job,with this we will be fast tracked through the system in about 4-6months.Anyone gone through this route or do I beware of companys like this?

thanks all
well done on ur decision to move down to canada mate....
a great country and a great forum if u want to clarify anything..
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Tips....?

Drop your timeline in to your signature to help others.

Add a covering letter to your application describing your skills, list all suitabilities for settling in canada, make sure you nprove your settlement feeds (capital based on assets minus debts) and try to give a really good apllication explaining why you wish to emigrate, local labour market info which proves you will be in demand, etc. make it easy for CIC ifficer to assess your case.

Best of luck !!!

Rich.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: unsure????????

Originally Posted by amancharan
well done on ur decision to move down to canada mate....
a great country and a great forum if u want to clarify anything..
Thanks

Know anything about employment consultants.Maybe being a bit niave, but wasnt everyone at this stage?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:00 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there and welcome. I think you are wise to try down the PNP route - it is waaaay quicker than the regular routes and we would definitely have gone down this route, however neither of the Provinces we looked at had PNP's.

Very best of luck and a speedy acceptance to you.