British Expats

British Expats (
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (
-   -   Helppp Re document request (

markandtammy Jun 1st 2011 7:52 pm

Helppp Re document request
If someone could give me some direction? I have been seprated from my former spouse since sept 2008 our divorce has been started. My common law spouse in canada is sponsoring me as i have been in canada since jan 2009. Sponsorship approval was approved now england has requested a divorce decree from my previous spouse, is there any other documents that we can send as proof of seperation?? Any input on this would be great Thanx so much

christmasoompa Jun 1st 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Helppp Re document request
Here we go, from the Spousal Sponsorship operating manual............

Sponsor or common-law partners still married to someone else

Persons who are married to third parties may be considered common-law partners provided their marriage has broken down and they have cohabited in a conjugal relationship with the commonlaw partner for at least one year.

Cohabitation with a common-law partner must have started after a physical separation from the spouse.

Evidence of separation from the spouse may include:

• a separation agreement;

• a signed formal declaration that the marriage has ended and that the person has entered into a common-law relationship;

• a court order regarding custody of children; and

• documents removing the legally married spouse(s) from insurance policies or wills as beneficiaries.

markandtammy Jun 1st 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Helppp Re document request
Thank you so much for the information. I am wondering would the formal declartaion just need to be signed from myself or would my previous spouse have to sign it also as i am in canada and she lives in the uk?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.