HELP When do i contact CIC

Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP When do i contact CIC

Hi Guys advice needed please.... SO firstly my medical runs out on the 28th September am hoping CIC are nearing a decision as they now have my HK police report back since last week According to Hong Kong Police!! No confirmation from CIC at all......

We applied in Oct 2015
SA granted December 2105
Request for HK police record May 2016
5th June HK Police complete request and send directly to CIC London...CIC have not confimred that this has been recieved....

My Question is when and how should i inform CIC that we will be moving \ update our contact address on the cic system? Also will this request prompt them into ACTION???? A few points to consider

1 We are selling our house completion date is set for end of JULY. So we will no longer be at original CIC address...
2 We will live at Mum and Dads for all of August... We will be at this address for 1 month only...
3 September we are planing to go travelling for September and ending up in Canada on the 27th of SEPT (plan to enter Canada either under Dual intent or PR!!!.... My Medical runs out on the 28TH!!!!

CIC states that all requests will be answered in 28 days is their any way to get a response quicker???
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:16 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP When do i contact CIC

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Hi Guys advice needed please.... SO firstly my medical runs out on the 28th September am hoping CIC are nearing a decision as they now have my HK police report back since last week According to Hong Kong Police!! No confirmation from CIC at all......

We applied in Oct 2015
SA granted December 2105
Request for HK police record May 2016
5th June HK Police complete request and send directly to CIC London...CIC have not confimred that this has been recieved....

My Question is when and how should i inform CIC that we will be moving \ update our contact address on the cic system? Also will this request prompt them into ACTION???? A few points to consider

1 We are selling our house completion date is set for end of JULY. So we will no longer be at original CIC address...
2 We will live at Mum and Dads for all of August... We will be at this address for 1 month only...
3 September we are planing to go travelling for September and ending up in Canada on the 27th of SEPT (plan to enter Canada either under Dual intent or PR!!!.... My Medical runs out on the 28TH!!!!

CIC states that all requests will be answered in 28 days is their any way to get a response quicker???
1. You can drop CIC a case-specific email to confirm if they have your HK police certificate. They may or may not respond, but you can try.

2. 2-3 weeks before you move, email or send a case-specific enquiry to CIC to inform them you are moving to your parents' place. Be sure to set up post redirect from your current place to your parents' place, just in case, as sometimes address changes don't go as smoothly as they should. Leave your address as your parents' address while you are travelling.

3. Once you are established and have a residence in Canada, update your address with CIC. No point telling them before you move, JUST IN CASE they send anything to your new place before you are there. At least then if it goes to your parents' place they can forward it to you.

4. Re: medical expiring: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

5. 28 days is just their canned response. Sometimes you get a response in a day. Sometimes 3 days. Sometimes a week. Sometimes the full 28. Just send them an email. If they feel the need to reply, they will. There isn't any way to "spring them into action".

6. Stop stressing out and stop freaking out. Everyone else is in the same boat, there is nothing special about your application nor anyone else's that would make CIC 'prioritize' yours over anyone else's. Average through London is 10-11 months right now. That means that you should expect to hear in the August-September time frame. Unfortunately it's right around when you are moving and travelling, hence my suggestion to just leave your address as your parents' address until you are established in Canada, at which point contact them again to change your address to a Canadian one.