Wikiposts

Help - What comes next.

Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - What comes next.

Hi All,

So I put in my Skilled Worker application to Sydney (I am in UK) earliy April just before the rumours of the changes to The List. Just Got my Visa bill and my first off where processed on 14th June. So,

1.) Does this mean I have passed the 1st vetting process ?
2.) If so any idea when I will hear from CHC regards the next stage, i.e. the application to London UK.
have checked my spam folder alsoand I havent received email to date.
3.) I believe I have 90 days from receipt of hearing to start getting the rest of the application together.

Any advice of longer lead / more problematic documents that I should start putting together now ?

Comments most appreciated.
Great forum btw wish I knew of it when i was compiling the first part of my App !!!!

Last edited by ascotbilly; Jul 1st 2010 at 11:49 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 1:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - What comes next.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by ascotbilly
1.) Does this mean I have passed the 1st vetting process ?
Yep, certainly does. Although all they do is check that your NOC code is on the list, that you don't have any gaps on your forms etc.

2.) If so any idea when I will hear from CHC regards the next stage, i.e. the application to London UK.
have checked my spam folder alsoand I havent received email to date.
Should be anytime now. If they processed your payment on 14th June then normally the 120 day email would follow 2-4 weeks after that roughly, but we do know of people on this forum that have been waiting longer than that so don't panic if it doesn't arrive yet.

3.) I believe I have 90 days from receipt of hearing to start getting the rest of the application together.

Any advice of longer lead / more problematic documents that I should start putting together now ?
No, you have 120 days to submit all your supporting documents. As for tricky documents, it will depend on your individual situation really. You may want to start getting references etc from all your previous employers (and your spouse/partner if you have one) as that can take a while depending on how quickly they act, and police checks from other countries can take a while so if you've ever spent more than 6 months in a country then it may be good to get that started too. But if I were you, I'd just check what documents will be required and see if you think any of them will take longer to get than others.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 2nd 2010 at 1:29 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help - What comes next.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Yep, certainly does. Although all they do is check that your NOC code is on the list, that you don't have any gaps on your forms etc.

Should be anytime now. If they processed your payment on 14th June then normally the 120 day email would follow 2-4 weeks after that roughly, but we do know of people on this forum that have been waiting longer than that so don't panic if it doesn't arrive yet.

No, you have 120 days to submit all your supporting documents. As for tricky documents, it will depend on your individual situation really. You may want to start getting references etc from all your previous employers (and your spouse/partner if you have one) as that can take a while depending on how quickly they act, and police checks from other countries can take a while so if you've ever spent more than 6 months in a country then it may be good to get that started too. But if I were you, I'd just check what documents will be required and see if you think any of them will take longer to get than others.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Just a note, when rumors started early this year about the NOC list change, CIC received a huge amount of applications. Reading the Vancouver Sun on Wednesday, CIC quoted that usually they received approx 300,000 applications in the FSW category a year, this year up to June 1st 2010 they had already exceeded 300,000 applications.

This has put a huge strain on immigration services and time lines will increase whilst they catch up. Good news is because of the cap and limited NOC approved applications from June 26th, time lines will start to fall dramatically in the future.

So if your application seems to be taking a little longer than usual, I shouldn't panic at all right now. CIC are playing catch up.