Help, which way to go.

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

bobstevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, which way to go.

Firstly, i have looked at the Wiki and I have spoken to a few people but there seems to be several different ways for me to go,

So here’s the situation

1. My ( common-law ) Wife of 20 years has a brother who is has had PR for 15 years and lives in New Brunswick. Some websites say brother and sisters can sponsor each other. Can someone please put this to bed, yes or no.

2. I am a HVAC engineer ( Air Conditioning and Refrigeration ) this is on the list of skills in demand for New Brunswick. I am current working as a HVAC Project Manager for a very large chain of supermarkets here in the UK. Over 10 years in the industry. If I find an employer can I go quickly on a work visa ?

3. My Brother in law owns his own delivery business and he has said if we go over he will help how ever he can and has offered to make me a partner in his business. Admitably not my first choice of business but I’m game.

4. We will have over £100,000 to take with us, I have worked for myself before so I am willing to start up a business of my own.

We are going over in December, so I would like to sort these things out then set some interviews up for when I go. Ii have spoken to two companies, just as the wiki suggested rather than just emailing a CV ( sorry, resume ) and both were interested to meet me and one suggested that they would be interested in offering me a position. But both have said that they were not sure of the procedure.

Can anyway please point me in the right direction. Job with Brother in Law, Own Job , Sponsorship or Own Business ? We will apply for PR when (if ) we get there.

Just one final point we have kids 15y and 17years. Would the 17 year old be able to come with us ?

Any help or shared experiences would be great.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help, which way to go.

Only option #2 - your own job - will work and will work the best.

Children under 22 are still dependents, as long as not married or common-law partners and are still fully dependent from parents.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Andrew,
Can I aks you a question in relation to this...If the OP's Brother in law offered him a permanent job (not through TWP) then would that not be counted for as arranged employment and expedite a PR application?

Bob, I am only aware of one PNP (the Alberta one) which has now included Brothers / Sisters in their family class programme (Sorry I don't know the exact lingo for that stuff as I haven't lloked into it that much)

Like you, we also have sibling relatives in Canada so it really is a shame that that relationship isn't one recohnised for family class sponsorship..
Hey ho..
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

bobstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi Andrew,
Can I aks you a question in relation to this...If the OP's Brother in law offered him a permanent job (not through TWP) then would that not be counted for as arranged employment and expedite a PR application?
Tim
I Agree. I thought 2 and 3 were the same he is an employeer who is offering me a job, and i am a manager now and he is offering me a management position.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Well Andrew is the expert and will put us straight on the matter..I don't know whether it would be seen as incestuous or something like that or whether there are certain criteria that need to be fulfilled...Obviously if he was offering you a temporary job then that gets into the realm of Labour Market Opinions (LMO) and proving that the job has been advertised for 3 month etc etc but I didn't think that any of that was necessary for arranged employment?
I am sure Andrew or someone who knows for certain will put us straight..
Cheers
Tim