help with visiting visa

Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice
Default help with visiting visa

I'm here in Canada on a 6 month visiting visa. I'm looking to extend that as I would like to spend more time with my partner. We are looking into common law sponsorship however although we have been together for a year now, we havent been living together for a year. and so as I have to be living with him at the same address I have to extend my visa so that we can stay together for the required amount of time. Other than having to painfully living in seperate countries.

now... how do I explain on the forms to lengthen my stay that this is the reason? Obviously they don't want to hear that I'm staying to get around the common-law requirements. And I also don't want to give a feeble excuse ...such as ... I want to stay because 'I like Canada'. Is there anything that I really shouldnt say? arghhhh this is stressful

I was wondering if there was anyone else who had been in the same situation?

I'd also saw mention of a 12 month visiting/12 month working visa and was wondering if anyone knew any more information on that?

Last edited by MapleDragon; Jun 29th 2005 at 5:47 am.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice
Default Re: help with visiting visa

also... (sorry I know I have a lot of questions to ask) My partner and I have been living together since Feb. However when I came I wasnt given a 6 month stamp. only the ordinary stamp that had been given to me as I had only visited in vacation.
I then went back to the UK to visit my family for a week , and when I re-entered Canada THEN I was given the 6th month stamp.

Does this mean that because I wasn't given the visitors stamp the first time around that I can't claim that the date shown on my passport in Feb was when we started our common law relationship and have to say it was when I came back after visiting my family?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

please please pleeeeease can someone help meeeeee
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
please please pleeeeease can someone help meeeeee
Your question is probably too complex for any online forum to help - I suggest you hire a good Canadian immigration lawyer or CSIC member.

Jeremy
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jeremy, I'm beginning to feel so overwhelmed I think your suggestion might be the best idea.