Help with Visa and job

Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road
Smile Help with Visa and job

Hello everyone my name is Sinan.

I was wondering if anyone could help me please.

I've been back from Vancouver for 8 weeks now as i was studying over there for 4 months.

But now i want to go back there and study if possiable part time but i need to have a job so i can support myself and if i find a school/college to study at i will need to pay the cost.

I'm guessing i would need to go out there on a tempory working visa instead of a student visa as getting a job is prority. I was wondering how do you get a job (shop job is fine) before you enter Canada ?

You can't go out to Canada on a working visa if you don't have a job.i think.

I'm trying to look into but i just can't seem to take everything in and just getting confused lol.

Thanks for you help
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Visa and job

Originally Posted by Atlantis_Orca
Hello everyone my name is Sinan.

I was wondering if anyone could help me please.

I've been back from Vancouver for 8 weeks now as i was studying over there for 4 months.

But now i want to go back there and study if possiable part time but i need to have a job so i can support myself and if i find a school/college to study at i will need to pay the cost.

I'm guessing i would need to go out there on a tempory working visa instead of a student visa as getting a job is prority. I was wondering how do you get a job (shop job is fine) before you enter Canada ?

You can't go out to Canada on a working visa if you don't have a job.i think.

I'm trying to look into but i just can't seem to take everything in and just getting confused lol.

Thanks for you help
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What you need to do is grab a cuppa and start reading the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page). That will hopefully explain the whole visa process to you.

Basically though, to get a Temp Work Permit, you need to first get a job offer and something called a LMO. A LMO is something that your potential employer has to apply for, and to get it they have to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do a job. As you can imagine, with the recession in Canada and so many Canadians out of work, LMO's are a bit tricky to get at the moment.

I think that you can study on a TWP, but it might be worth checking that out as I'm not 100% sure. Obviously you could get a study permit, but as you need to work that's not a great option as you can only work 20 hours a week on campus on a study permit. Also, bear in mind that you'll have to pay international tuition fees, so you'll probably need savings behind you to start with anyway.

There is another option if you are under 30? If so, then Google 'Bunac' which is a working holiday visa for people aged 30 and under. It's an open work permit so you could do any job on it - but again, check out whether you can study on it too.

All of the above is detailed in the Wiki, so that's definitely your best place to start.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

The wiki on this forum is really good for information. To get a job before you go you need to be able to get a job that is in high demand on the province you want to live in. I'm not what your skills or training are, so its best to have a look on the list and see if your there.

Hope all goes well

Loraine
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loza789
Hello,

The wiki on this forum is really good for information. To get a job before you go you need to be able to get a job that is in high demand on the province you want to live in. I'm not what your skills or training are, so its best to have a look on the list and see if your there.

Hope all goes well

Loraine
Just to clarify Loraine - the OUP lists are no longer applicable with the new system. So there is no 'list' that the OP needs to check, he can get a TWP for literally any job. Just needs the job offer and LMO first!!

Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road

Thank you christmasoompa and loza789 for your help i really appisate it.

I think i will defently check out the Wiki and take a look at that Bunac.

Thanks again for your help
Take Care