Help! Up to our ears in worries!

Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:55 am
Just Joined

mapler is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help! Up to our ears in worries!

Hi All,

My husband and I have read some of the posts on this forum with great interest and are now kicking ourselves for not doing this sooner.

As has been discussed here several times, we have certain questions because our consultant mislead us.

Here is what happened:

We get 71 points so our consultant told us to file our application as soon as possible to "lock" ourselves at the 67 points level. We arranged all our papers. My husband even took his IELTS (as advised by our consultant) and got 8.5 overall score. We even got our Police clearance certificates (PCC) organised.

After we sent all our papers to our consultant early June, he told us that they were filed on July 24. We recently received our file number and it says that our application was filed on September 29. This means that our application was filed under the simplified process.

Here is what we'd like to know:

1. My husband took his IELTS exam in March, 2006. Will he have to take another exam now that the new simplified process requires that the supporting documents be given only when they ask for them? Or will the embassy consider his test score admissable?

2. Will we have to get another police certificate when we are asked for supporting documents?

3. If we decide to fire our consultant, should we withdraw our application and re-apply since he knows our file number and could mess around (He heard an earful when we found out that he lied to us).

4. From certain threads on this forum, I have gleaned that it is advisable to arrange employment in Canada before we apply. Will we get points for arranged employment if we can arrange employment before they ask us for additional documents? Or do we have to have employment arranged before filing our application to get those points?

I know my post is very long and I have asked a lot of questions but we have been very anxious for a while now and it will help a lot to have these questions asnwered.

Thanks
Mapler
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Up to our ears in worries!

Hi

Originally Posted by mapler
Hi All,

My husband and I have read some of the posts on this forum with great interest and are now kicking ourselves for not doing this sooner.

As has been discussed here several times, we have certain questions because our consultant mislead us.

Here is what happened:

We get 71 points so our consultant told us to file our application as soon as possible to "lock" ourselves at the 67 points level. We arranged all our papers. My husband even took his IELTS (as advised by our consultant) and got 8.5 overall score. We even got our Police clearance certificates (PCC) organised.

After we sent all our papers to our consultant early June, he told us that they were filed on July 24. We recently received our file number and it says that our application was filed on September 29. This means that our application was filed under the simplified process.

1. My husband took his IELTS exam in March, 2006. Will he have to take another exam now that the new simplified process requires that the supporting documents be given only when they ask for them? Or will the embassy consider his test score admissable?

2. Will we have to get another police certificate when we are asked for supporting documents?

3. If we decide to fire our consultant, should we withdraw our application and re-apply since he knows our file number and could mess around (He heard an earful when we found out that he lied to us).

4. From certain threads on this forum, I have gleaned that it is advisable to arrange employment in Canada before we apply. Will we get points for arranged employment if we can arrange employment before they ask us for additional documents? Or do we have to have employment arranged before filing our application to get those points?

I know my post is very long and I have asked a lot of questions but we have been very anxious for a while now and it will help a lot to have these questions asnwered.

Thanks
Mapler
1. Your consultant is full of hot air, there is no lock-in for points, you have to meet the pass mark prior to a visa being issued.
2. As you filed under SAP, he will probably have to redo the IELTS as the score is only valid for 1 year. I am assuming that English is not your husbands mother tongue.
3. Yes, you will need new police certificates when your turn comes around in SAP.
4. If you fire him, just send in a new IMM 5476 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF
5. If you can obtain the AEO approval from HRSDC then you would not have to use the SAP.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Here is what happened:

Thanks
Mapler
PMM is correct about 1. and 2. definately, (we've been waiting for 26 months so far) we've just been asked to send updated documents for those two. 3, I would sack him and do everything yourself, that's what we did in the end. Get as many points as you can muster, arranged employment would net you a nice amount of those, you got plenty of time, you'll have to wait for them to ask for the final paperwork before you let them know.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

mapler is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Help! Up to our ears in worries!

Thanks for answering my questions. But I have some more

2. As you filed under SAP, he will probably have to redo the IELTS as the score is only valid for 1 year. I am assuming that English is not your husbands mother tongue.
My husband is more comfortable speaking in english than he is even with his native tongue. However, that seems to be of little consequence to the CIC as we are residents and citizens of India. His IELTS score was 8.5 (top score is 9).

This is what we found on the CIC website:

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) or the Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.
He took his IELTS in March 2006 because our consultant told us that the file should have all the documents (pre-SAP). But in spite of getting our papers in June, He delayed putting them in until late september. Hence, filing them under the SAP. What do you think? Do you think "within one year" means either before or after you've applied?

4. If you fire him, just send in a new IMM 5476 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF
But if we do that, wouldn't he still be able to use our file number to log in on the CIC website and mess around with our application (block online access to status, change the mailing address etc.). We can't be sure he wouldn't stoop that low if we fired him.

5. If you can obtain the AEO approval from HRSDC then you would not have to use the SAP.
Is the procedure different if my husband has an offer of employment? I thought it would still be the SAP in that case.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:40 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Is the procedure different if my husband has an offer of employment? I thought it would still be the SAP in that case.

Thanks again for all the help.
On this point if your have arranged employment approved by HRDC with AEO letter then you send that with your whole complete application. If you do not have Arrange employment you can only send the intila simplified application. If you go to CIC website it also says this on there.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...ed-simple.html