Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help!! Unsure as to whether I need a medical exam?! - International Experience Canada

Help!! Unsure as to whether I need a medical exam?! - International Experience Canada

Old Aug 14th 2017, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

moll23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help!! Unsure as to whether I need a medical exam?! - International Experience Canada

Hi there!

I received my invitation to apply for a visa through International Experience Canada and am currently in the process of completing the forms.

I am uploading the documents and it comes up with 'medical exam (required)'. However, all of the advice on the CIC website indicates that I do not need a medical - I have only lived in the UK and am not looking to work in any of the fields you need a medical for. Furthermore, the IEC website states:
You should undergo a medical exam if
• you plan to work in a job that requires a medical exam, or
• you have recently lived or travelled in certain countries or territories for six months or more.

These don't apply to me and yet it still says required when I go to upload documents!!

I've looked at the prices for a medical here and they are upwards of £300 - as I'm currently a student this is a LOT of money and so I don't want to do a medical exam unless it truly is required.

Would be very very grateful for any help - I've got everything else sorted but this is the only thing I'm unsure of and I reallyyyyy don't want to be rejected because of a stupid mistake!

Thanks in advance for anyone offering advice!

Mollie
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Unsure as to whether I need a medical exam?! - International Experience Ca

Medical Exams not required for IEC, probably because you're required to have medical insurance under IEC rules.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Unsure as to whether I need a medical exam?! - International Experience Ca

Read this link as you only need a medical if intending to work in one of these jobs or have lived in a designated country for more than 6 months in a row

Medical exam requirements for temporary residents (visitors, students and workers)
Old Aug 15th 2017, 4:20 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you are 100% sure that you don't need a medical then write a letter of explanation as to why you believe that and upload it - I would suggest saying that if they still require you to undergo an up-front medical then of course you will but you believe they may have requested it in error (and quote what the CIC website says).

Don't just ignore the request, do cover your back!