Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help !! Unique case .. Mr. Andrew Miller, JAJ and others

Help !! Unique case .. Mr. Andrew Miller, JAJ and others

Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

ready-to-go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help !! Unique case .. Mr. Andrew Miller, JAJ and others

Hi All,

Here is my situation, I need to apply for Canadian PR:

I landed as an F-1 student in the US with my wife in 1999, I studied in NY for couple of years and maintained my status throughout and decided to move to Canada as a refugee before 28th June, 2002.

Upon entering Canada (Montreal, QC) and after couple of rounds of court hearings, my claim was denied. I had no choice than to return back to the US. Meanwhile two of my babies were born in Canada. I returned back to the US in 3rd week of Jan, 2005 as an asylee(safe third country treaty between US / Canda)

Now although I'm going to college and continuing my education but obviously I don't have any legal status. I filed for CA immigration recently and my file was returned back to me as they needed me to provide more information on my student or any other status that I possess.

Kindly let me know what options I have to apply for the same:

1- Apply to Buffalo again, explaining them the procedures adopted by local immigration courts and the time frame it normally takes, 18-24 months or more, before the application is approved or denied totally.

2- Send my application to my home country, but I doubt if they can accept it as I never studied or worked there and maybe I might not meet the criteria of filing an application on these grounds.

For me, the first option is the preferred one as I cannot wait for another couple of years to return back to my country to file this application, which takes another 4-5 years from my country.

Kindly guide me, I have already wasted a lot of time and effort in persuing something that could have been outright easy. I guess I would qualify as I score enough points for Job experience, education, english Language and relatives in Canada.

Kindest regards

Ready-to-go

Last edited by ready-to-go; Aug 26th 2005 at 7:50 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

khvganesh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help !! Unique case .. Mr. Andrew Miller, JAJ and others

Without telling what is your home country, how do you expect an answer?
I dont understand

Ganesh

Originally Posted by ready-to-go
Hi All,

Here is my situation, I need to apply for Canadian PR:

I landed as an F-1 student in the US with my wife in 1999, I studied in NY for couple of years and maintained my status throughout and decided to move to Canada as a refugee before 28th June, 2002.

Upon entering Canada (Montreal, QC) and after couple of rounds of court hearings, my claim was denied. I had no choice than to return back to the US. Meanwhile two of my babies were born in Canada. I returned back to the US in 3rd week of Jan, 2005 as an asylee(safe third country treaty between US / Canda)

Now although I'm going to college and continuing my education but obviously I don't have any legal status. I filed for CA immigration recently and my file was returned back to me as they needed me to provide more information on my student or any other status that I possess.

Kindly let me know what options I have to apply for the same:

1- Apply to Buffalo again, explaining them the procedures adopted by local immigration courts and the time frame it normally takes, 18-24 months or more, before the application is approved or denied totally.

2- Send my application to my home country, but I doubt if they can accept it as I never studied or worked there and maybe I might not meet the criteria of filing an application on these grounds.

For me, the first option is the preferred one as I cannot wait for another couple of years to return back to my country to file this application, which takes another 4-5 years from my country.

Kindly guide me, I have already wasted a lot of time and effort in persuing something that could have been outright easy. I guess I would qualify as I score enough points for Job experience, education, english Language and relatives in Canada.

Kindest regards

Ready-to-go
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:13 pm
Remya

Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm curious, so forgive me. How can you go to college and continue your education in Canada if you don't have any legal status?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 5:11 am
Just Joined

I don't see how a response could be tied to my home country .. but anyway it's Pakistan.

I never went to school/college in Canada. I was attending a college in US before going to Canda, after returning from Canada, I started college again.

Thanks for your interest!

Regards
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I would suggest applying to buffalo, the only thing you can do is to find a way to speed up your application e.g job offer, PNP or other categories. but applying in Islamabad may take 5 years so it might not be a good idea finally as you have lived in Quebec I would also suggest considering applying for CSQ as it takes on average 8-11 months in New York office and then you can apply for visa in Islamabad office, which take on average another 2 months
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ibraheem.

If I were fluent in French I could have tried sorting this out a long time back. Even getting someone to sponsor me for an approved job offer is quite hard.

Any other expert opinion ??

All I need is to be able to apply to Buffalo without a status and I'm ready to take the risk.

Looks like Mr. Miller is still not back from his weekend ...

Regards

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
I would suggest applying to buffalo, the only thing you can do is to find a way to speed up your application e.g job offer, PNP or other categories. but applying in Islamabad may take 5 years so it might not be a good idea finally as you have lived in Quebec I would also suggest considering applying for CSQ as it takes on average 8-11 months in New York office and then you can apply for visa in Islamabad office, which take on average another 2 months
Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

you don't need to speak french to qualify for CSQ, it has a point system and you will get extra points if you have stayed in Quebec and if you have friends or relatives, but you need to give good explaination about your previous application.

Originally Posted by ready-to-go
Thanks Ibraheem.

If I were fluent in French I could have tried sorting this out a long time back. Even getting someone to sponsor me for an approved job offer is quite hard.

Any other expert opinion ??

All I need is to be able to apply to Buffalo without a status and I'm ready to take the risk.

Looks like Mr. Miller is still not back from his weekend ...

Regards